Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
be careful with a mk1, they are known for alot of electrical problems. i thought about getting one awhile back, and rewiring for the car and my own safety.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
Mk1 don't have problems if people know how to wire things correctly and 1337 I don't want to be a ricer.
well first of all, eagle is a company that was developed by chrysler, and it isn't a "ricer". No car starts out as being a ricer, all the useless exhausts and crappy bolt-on parts that do little to nothing on a car make it a ricer. Although I don't really have to stick up for 1337, i'm sure he'll be here soon to tell you off :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Mk1 don't have problems if people know how to wire things correctly and 1337 I don't want to be a ricer.
Thats true but you will be buying used, and as they get older electrical messes develop, thus one of the previous owners tries to fix who maybe doesn't know what they are doing.
Best friends brother works at a VW specialty shop, when I was looking he said stay away from the gasoline engines and only get diesel.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
Thats true but you will be buying used, and as they get older electrical messes develop, thus one of the previous owners tries to fix who maybe doesn't know what they are doing.
Best friends brother works at a VW specialty shop, when I was looking he said stay away from the gasoline engines and only get diesel.
is your best friend's brother named doomsday? :p

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
DSM is the opposite of rice. A car that you can leave the motor stock and still boost 20 psi and push over 300hp doesn't sound too ricey to me.. :tup

I was just joking anyways, I wouldn't advise one as a daily driver unless it's bone stock and unmolested.

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
you'd better have a good flamesuit for comments like that. When the dsm came to be, they were stomping mudholes in your precious veedubs. If you want electrical gremlins, by all means get a veedub. 1337 suggested it because you could have a car that could tear a** by the time you can drive. If I were you, I'd get a project. You're not going to be able to drive for another year or so. You can slowly build it up, and have a car ready to roll when you are able to drive.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
is your best friend's brother named doomsday? :p
:p

Anyway, the problem with VWs is they're expensive to build up and you never get your moneys worth out of them when you sell them. Mustangs, Civics, ect are so popular you usually don't loose too much money on them. Parts are cheaper, they're easier to work on, and you can resell it in a heartbeat. If you're really dead set on a VW then the old bugs, Golf/Rabbit/GTI/GLI/R32/ect, and diesels are the only cars that might be worth it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.