Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom has been getting ALOT of strage email viruses from places like [email protected], they say stuff like "here is the stuff you wanted in the attachment" and norton says it is infected. I keep deleting them, and don't know how to stop them...help

2,668 Posts
Well you could not open them....And as to add my own part about viruses, i go to freakin Addictinggames.com and check out some old games i used to play, and i get pop-ups like the shiz, and after thats done i have 5 ****o links in my favorites, pop-ups like mad, Lycos Sidesearch, and some gay adware called Powerscan, along with 186 extra files...So i no longer trust addictinggames.com

·
Banned
3,571 Posts
and when you d/l stuff from ebaums world, you get adware bundled in.

·
Yay! whoops! yay!
3,028 Posts
Spy ware is stuff that gets installed to your computer without you knowing. It causes pop-ups, installs stuff on your computer and so on. Last night I went to some site and got attacked by Spy-Ware. But after like an hour, I got rid of it all. Spyware is usually the cause of popups. Get Ad-Aware from www.lavasoft.com and run a scan for it. If you have never done anything about spyware before, chances are, you are going to have a ton of it. Again, that's what causes pop-ups. I have always had Google Popup blocker and adaware, so I never get any popups. I know I had some spyware on my machine last night when I was actually getting some.

·
Banned
3,571 Posts
It's a program, usually bundled in with another, that tries to get into your computer, and once it succeeds, it spies on and records everything you do.

·
Banned
3,571 Posts
OMG, you e-pwnzed me with that post before me. =(

P.S. Ad-aware won't stop spyware. Get Spybot Search & Destroy.

·
Banned
3,571 Posts
If more people donated, it would be...

·
Banned
3,571 Posts
*sigh*

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
rory096 said:
OMG, you e-pwnzed me with that post before me. =(

P.S. Ad-aware won't stop spyware. Get Spybot Search & Destroy.
Ad-Aware does stop Spyware. But Ad-Aware doesn't deep clean the registry for errors, it only does a surface scan. Spy Ware does a deep clean of the registry, but not any actual files. Ad Aware usually takes care of most Spyware, because it's usually physical files and not registry edits. And even if it is reg edits, Ad-Aware will get most of them anyway.

-Jin

·
Yay! whoops! yay!
3,028 Posts
Jinjiro said:
Ad-Aware does stop Spyware. But Ad-Aware doesn't deep clean the registry for errors, it only does a surface scan. Spy Ware does a deep clean of the registry, but not any actual files. Ad Aware usually takes care of most Spyware, because it's usually physical files and not registry edits. And even if it is reg edits, Ad-Aware will get most of them anyway.

-Jin

Word.

Yeah Spyware is usually a file that Ad-aware can get. THe most common type of spy ware I have is called a tracking cookie, which records what you do on certain websites, and what kinda sites you go to, and it sends that data to a company. Adaware finds those all the time.

·
Banned
3,571 Posts
Viri? LOL, that's a cool word..

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
This site uses a tracking cookie on your computer to track you across it, i think so at least.

·
Banned
3,571 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts