Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talking about alternative fuel conceptions, and about combusitable waters.

Ok, it works a bit like this.

You take these experimental solar panels (its like paint, you quite literally paint them on) that are something like 15% effcient, and wire them to your tank, now, with the electricity it produces, you turn the water into two seperate elements, oxygen, and hydrogen, both are combustable no? Then you feed it to the engine.

Hows that for design eh?

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
big_balla89 said:
How is that superior knowledge. The solar energy will break down the water, and the seperate combustable elements (fuel) will go into the engine.
Which is a really smart and simple idea. But if you start having cars run off of it then we'll probably run out of water soon.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Somehow i doubt it, just a little.

Or you might want to re-consider certain types of fusion.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ugh,

Generators could store excess energy i imagine, that, or have, a reserve gas tank.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
I don't know...we broke water down into gas with a power source for some demonstration. It took hours to fill a small buret enough to show that the oxygen side had more gas in it than the hydrogen side. Really doesn't seem like it would make enough fuel fast enough to get anywhere on.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
yes they are combustable but the combustion of oxygen and hydrogen dont provide as much energy as gasoline

1 - 11 of 11 Posts