Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my friend that i posted about (jason) who got into trying coke and ****, well he just came out to my brother last night that he's addicted. he said he's been feeling sick, lost appetite, and i've noticed he looks like **** too. so basically, he admitted he's addicted and we're going to help him.

we're going to a health teacher (that we all know beyong a personal level) and she's going to get someone to help him out. we're going to not tell his parents at this point, just because its not THAT serious, and she would rather keep it confidential for the mean time. he's goignt o make an effort with all of us to try and quit, and then we're going to come out to expose it if it just doesn't work. idk i sort of knew this was coming, and i should have said something. the kid chris im going to say somethng to though. my friend told him not to sell to jason, but he did anyway, and now hes addicted. i just cant believe this, im just really concerned for him and scared for him and dont want to see him like this at all.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
like what was stated above, dont give up on him and if your efforts dont work try some more. there are many forms rehab for stuff like this

·
I'mma Let You Finish.
7,445 Posts
My friend told me he was going to buy an 8ball ( Apparently some amount of coke )

And what scares me is he tried it over the summer, and said he hated it and it made him feel like ****... but yet he just bought some more... ( This is the same friend I thought was going to come to school and shoot it up ) I've already gotten him help... But I do not know his progress It's all confidential... But he seems like hes doing better. he came by my house today wanting to work for my parents... which has never happened before so I assume he was in a good mood.

·
12,110 Posts
Coke can do terrible things to a life.

What I suggest is that if you really care about your friend, you'll hang out with him as much as possible. Dont let him off alone, because if he is as you say, an addict, he wont be able to control his urge. If you guys are with him most of the time, you can sort of keep and eye on him and keep him distracted.

I know it sounds odd, but try replacing one bad habit with another lesser one. A lot of times before it was outlawed, heroin addicts were cured with marijuana use. Marijuana produced a decent 'high' and since it has no physical addiction on the body, it can replace the other bad habit, and after its completely gone, quitting marijuana use is as simple as flushing it and not looking back.

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well we're all potheads so thats not a problem :). i met someone once who quit coke by smoking cigarettes. i know that sound crazy, but cigarettes have a different craving, and im going to see if he's up to that. basically i just had a REALLY ****ed up night and realized he has to be my number 1 priority.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
The drugs kids are going to now is starting to become a problem I think. 3-5 years ago I hadn't heard of anyone in the age range of like 16-19 doing anything more than like...X or something.

But my junior year of high school I knew a kid who started a coke habit, and in the last year alone I know (of) a lot of kids around 17 or 18 who now do coke or meth regularly. One of my brother's close friends died from meth not too long ago. My stepbrother does both.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Wes Himself said:
My friend told me he was going to buy an 8ball ( Apparently some amount of coke )
an eight ball is the equivelant of an eighth of weed. (3.5 grams) its alot of coke, if you were to do it all at one time, you'd have a heart attack. coke is a really bad drug. due to people re-doseing often and dying from overdose. its really addictive too. he souldn't have even tried it.
burningcow422 said:
or are you saying you guys smoke pot
that one.^

just smoke fat blunts with him. never leave his side, and make sure he's always smokin a blunt.

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ive never heard him ever want to quit something.. like he's a very stubborn person, but he finally got his cue to quit. he knows what he needs to do, and he knows he has a problem. and as we all know, the first step to rehabilitation is admitting you have a problem. so we're going to take care of it, and i know he wants to quit so i think it can work..

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Best of luck to your friend. Sounds like you got him just at the right time for him to try and stop his habit.

Coke is bad stuff. I've been offered plenty of times to blow and I've never thought twice about it, the answear has always been no. The only time I might consider trying coke is if theres a little bit mixed in with a bowl, but that's even pretty damn skepitical in my opinion.

Hah and to think I thought noone in high school did coke or any of those harder drugs. Once I got into high school I was just like.. daaaaamn..

Edit: Oh yeah and after watching Pulp Fiction, I'm never trying coke. That OD scene ****ing hit me.

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well the weird part was, on friday night my friend called up my brother (he was going to a party but he met up with him). i was in cortland at the time, so i wasnt home either. but anyway, he calls up my brother and he asked to meet at starbucks, they did, and he basically told him he was getting ****ed up frmo doing all this coke and wanted his help. then on top of that told him all these family problems and **** he's been having. idk, he needs real help i think. but we'll see what happens

1 - 20 of 29 Posts