Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am chillin and taking a nap before work. I am sleeping in the top bunk of my son's bunk bed (it was the only open bed at the time)... Well the phone rings and thinking that I am 18 again, I vault off the bed to go answer the phone. Everything is going according to plan when I look down at my anticipated landing spot and I see the $(*&)(*&^^%@^%#&$^%!# cat laying there completely unawares that I am about to crush it to a pulp. Not even thinking, I do a mid air two step in order to land away from the cat -- fortunate for the cat, but not fortunate for me. I forgot the laws of physics and load bearing on axial shafts for just a minute and my lapse otherwise distracted me from the impossible landing position I was attempting.

With a sickening crunch I see my leg buckle like a chicken wing at a frat party (no I have no idea what that means either)...

so long story short... broken bones, ambulance ride, morphine, and I am off work for at least a week until the splint comes off, and then they will tell me when I can get back...

So.. if you want to donate my paypal addy is [email protected] :hug: ol!

Sucks too.. I was really looking forward to the Big Game in august....

not mine, but really close to what I did.

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
So do you have a splint instead of a cast or something?
How did it feel?

I broke my rugby teamates leg in a ruck. And it was down in north carolina and I'm in jersey..and he had to drive back like 8 hours with his leg propped up in the back.

·
12,110 Posts
Sorry to hear that! First thing you should do when you get off the splint/cast is kick that cat. Show it you mean business. Then it'll think twice about breaking your leg again.

Your cat broke your leg..

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
That sucks. Its not that bad when you know the ambulance people that are taking care of you. Anyway, good thing you didnt go unconscious, or the ambulance people would have checked if you were an organ donor and "let you go". :dodgy:

·
Since 1923
1,909 Posts
MedicDVG said:
So I am chillin and taking a nap before work. I am sleeping in the top bunk of my son's bunk bed (it was the only open bed at the time)... Well the phone rings and thinking that I am 18 again, I vault off the bed to go answer the phone. Everything is going according to plan when I look down at my anticipated landing spot and I see the $(*&)(*&^^%@^%#&$^%!# cat laying there completely unawares that I am about to crush it to a pulp. Not even thinking, I do a mid air two step in order to land away from the cat -- fortunate for the cat, but not fortunate for me. I forgot the laws of physics and load bearing on axial shafts for just a minute and my lapse otherwise distracted me from the impossible landing position I was attempting.

With a sickening crunch I see my leg buckle like a chicken wing at a frat party (no I have no idea what that means either)...

so long story short... broken bones, ambulance ride, morphine, and I am off work for at least a week until the splint comes off, and then they will tell me when I can get back...

So.. if you want to donate my paypal addy is [email protected] :hug: ol!

Sucks too.. I was really looking forward to the Big Game in august....

not mine, but really close to what I did.

dude, come on, i played paintball with a broken leg

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
PizzaMiLiTiA said:
So... When you pulled up to the hospital, did they know you? And if so, were they laughing their asses off?
Yes they did... bastards
toXic said:
... good thing you didnt go unconscious, or the ambulance people would have checked if you were an organ donor and "let you go". :dodgy:
that by far is one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts