Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my wife wants a divorce over Paintball.

So heres the story.

As some of you know, I am a paramedic for a small hospital in Wisconsin. I work various shifts during the week, and then every other weekend I work the night shift (7pm - 7am). Because my house is so chaotic, I can't sleep there during the day so I stay at the hospital in a call room.

Well today I couldn't sleep - it was about noon or so, so I grab my gearbag and head out to my local field and play a few games and generally enjoy myself for a few hours. Then I go back to the Hospital to clean up and grab a nap before work. Then I get "the" message on my cell phone...

Basically I am acused of never being home cause I work, and then when I am not at work I am out paintballing, etc..... so its now down to "make your choice - me or paintball."

I am going to miss her.....

:D

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
HAHAHA OMG GREAT STORY!!! she cant be serious though can she? You dont sound to concerned?? I would talk to her but i like ur responce to it LMAO!

·
Registered
790 Posts
WOAH! thats so hardcore. dude, you are awesome. i love you. its a pity your marriage is come down to this. its pitiful that marriages ends in trivial things like that

·
Registered
364 Posts
are you joking?????

If you not...

that blows, shes divorcing you because you have to work late hours and sleep in a freaking call room.

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
She's not serious... My wife and I are very tight. This is just her way of getting her point accross.

She isn't really mad per se; She is just feeling a little under-appreciated as of late. She vents at me to let me know what she is thinking, I reply with a silly joke wich is my way of saying ok I hear you, and we go on with life. Its a strange communication regime we have, but actually the system works pretty well.

She can get a little stressed as she is a stay at home mom, takes care of three kids, the house, groceris, laundry etc. and on top of that does all the soccer mom, PTA, girl/boy scout type stuff.

All I have to do is take care of sick and bleeding people on the brink of death.

My job is WAY easier! LOL....

·
Registered
17 Posts
play a game of paintball with her and if u win shes out the door but if she wins ur on lock...its a lost cause. u think maybe i can have her?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Dude, I think most of us here know what choice to make if it came down to it. When you get to heaven God doesnt ask how why your wife left you, he ask how many kills you got.

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When you get to heaven God doesnt ask how why your wife left you, he ask how many kills you got.
I might have to sig that.. LOL!

I sent my wife an e-mail with a link to this thread.. She laughed so hard she spit coffee on the monitor!

·
Your Worst Nightmare
5,270 Posts
Dude, I think most of us here know what choice to make if it came down to it. When you get to heaven God doesnt ask how why your wife left you, he ask how many kills you got.
Thats considering you get to heaven ;) Maybe you'll just bypass God and go straight to Satan :devil: In that case, yes kills would definitaly matter ;)

- Brian

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
tell her that ur bringing home the pay check, and ull make it up in personal favors... just use protection because more than 3 kids wouldnt be fun imo lol

·
Free Ballin
3,182 Posts
So, if all you ever do is work and paintball, how are you on this forum?

Methinks you should spend some quality time with the family, rather than complain about them online:p

Heh, you know I kid. But you know what I mean.

·
Registered
397 Posts
if she was serious, i can see where she would be coming from. don't get me wrong... i love paintball & all. but never gettin to see your dude would not be fun at all. my boyfriend was lookin into being a paramedic.. but i told him that i really dont want that because i want someone that's going to be there at night and whatnot.. not have a ****ed up schedule. i can really see what she is probably going through not seeing you. because i know that if my boyfriend ends up becoming a paramedic, as much as i would be glad that he is doing something that he wants to do... i would be upset about not getting to see him as often. just try to spend more time with the family. she's probably pulling her hair out taking care of the kids and doing all that jazz.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts