Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the day started out okay, was cruisin pbf and i went outside to ride. cuz its my birfday.. wanted to have some fun. it was also the day of the band banquet. so i went to the band banquet, ironically themed a hoedown because i live in the sticks. i opened some stuff after i got home.. and i was actually very happy to receive it:

a pillow, a fly gear bag, and some valve oil for band. so my mom goes "what are you going to use that valve oil on?" and i of course said the ****ty school tuba i had in my room. so she says "lets go out to the garage", and at that point i figued what was coming up. i was right.

me at the helm :)

it is a cerveny model 618 4 rotary valve BBb tuba. hand made, one of the best.

needless to say, i had the most wondeful weekend ive ever experianced.

also again, sorry for making a bday thread.. just thought it would be cool to show you guys. (i dont turn 17 til tomorrow btw)

edit: also, i apologize for the horrible irony between this thread and my username.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i took 3rd at regional honors band (about half of PA auditioned). thats probably about 300 high school level tuba players. im majoring in music, tuba being my primary instrument. i am very serious, and i do all i can to make music my life, and to make my life music.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
actually, our conductor was the head of the music department at UNT. and my friend emily (french horn, 1st at states) is attending UNT. to make it even more coincidental, i also planned to attend UNT. jebus. isnt this whole internet thing weird?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
tubas = the real heavy metal.

italian = my big nose. if it had wheels, id drive it.

·
Into the whole Yale thing
1,073 Posts
You look like you have been caught punching the pope behind your new found glory... but yes what an excellent gift. I use to play the saxophone in High School and started with a ****ty yamaha... my buddy got a Selmer and the difference is just amazing, i bet you sound much better, and its going to be easier to improve now, too. well thats what i found during my tenure with a more advanced instrument compared to a lesser one.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts