Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
14,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking it was mainly the paint but here is what happened and paint doesnt explain it all so hence my confusion

started off the day the DM6 took a fat dump on me, so I just pulled out the etek 3 to run for the day, chronoed in at 280, everything was fine except the paint was breaking a lot (older stuff, and it was cold) played 2 or 3 games, went out for the next game and all of a sudden the etek will only shoot about 40 feet. I bring it back in and it chronos at 140. I had to MAX both regulators out just to get it shooting at 260

so the only thing I can think of for the paint is that i went from one bag to another (same paint out of the same case) so one bag was smaller or something

but here is the part that has me confused, with the LPR maxed out the marker should be venting through the noid for an over-presurization I tried both tanks on it, one is set to mid pressure, the other high

any ideas?

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
How long have you had it, and have you rebuilt the regs (most notably the HPR) ever? I had a similar (as much as possible given how drastically different they are) in my Clone GTi when the HPR needed rebuilt. Just wasn't allowing proper pressure through anymore.

·
Administrator
14,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How long have you had it, and have you rebuilt the regs (most notably the HPR) ever? I had a similar (as much as possible given how drastically different they are) in my Clone GTi when the HPR needed rebuilt. Just wasn't allowing proper pressure through anymore.
I know I have rebuilt it once but it has been a while

Rear Ram oring. REplace it and lube the new one. This is a classic example of what happens when one goes bad.
thats a good idea, it would explain most of the issues, not the lack of venting but I will give that a try

1 - 5 of 5 Posts