Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
shine on.
10,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to tell a story (might not be the greatest)

We come into the computer lab, for a class. I figure, I'll finish whatever we're doin early (or just not do it) so that I can play quake 3 (a free download) Well, I come in, and it's not blocked, or anything, but it's just not on the site where I download it. I try to search it on google, and it's blocked. I got kinda mad, cuz I have 1 hr 40 min to blow. I try to find some sites with games on them.... blocked. WTF?!?! This school is starting to piss me off with the damn x-block's. Does anybody know a way to get around it. I tried to get the ip, and then enter it in msdos, but i can't get dos up. THis is so gay, now I'm just sitting here, on the forums. No new threads to talk in. Does anybody else feel my anger? I don't get why schools can't just let us play, I mean, if we don't want to do our work, then that's our choice to fail, right? Maybe i'm just a little mad, if this sounds nuts, lol :D.

I was jw if anybody had an easy way to get past the x-block... ( I looked in the rules, and this isn't breaking any that I saw :cool: ) Thanks much...

·
Registered
770 Posts
When I was in HS I don't think we ever had an election day off. It's not like most of the people had to vote (except a few of us in 12th grade). But yeah... the mid west schools are just lazy.

·
Registered
391 Posts
just go to alta vista and go to translate site, pick like french to english, so nothing actually changes and just view it through the google window.

·
Registered
698 Posts
When I try to do that, Websense says proxy avoidance is filtered. Everybody was using proxies last year, but now they figured it out. They still haven't figured out the translation thing, but that's really slow.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I went to a stupid Christian School. The Admin password was John 3:16, The baseball coach/ youth pastor's password was baseball. There were also a few other idiotic passwords and restrictions.

The computer teacher was a moron and I had to fix the computers for her alot of the time. All my work was done by my friend a year ago. All I did was find her old files and rename them to be my own. Rest of the time I spent bidding on ebay, downloading music of napster( yes napster still was rape free back then), talk on irc and aim, and play games on jippii.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Heh. Bot Torrent isnt that bad. I prefer gettign albums at a time than songs at a time.

·
Registered
461 Posts
any1 know about 'surfcontrol'? its at my school and it blocks the translation thing, i havent tried the proxy but who knows

·
Registered
489 Posts
Lucky's, My Teachers are idioitic, they wont let you do anything unless its MS Word/Powerpoint/Excel/ect. We arent even allowed to browse the net during free period. They blocked out a bunch of Websites latly too, I'm going to try Proxy on Albino Black Sheep.

·
HRD
2,925 Posts
meh my school has pr0n blocked and thats about it... but they use a cheap filter that you can close out...

The main thing though is that they can check EVERY site youve been on (our system records your username and what sites youve visited) you usually dont get checked but if you do and its somthing not having do to with school its an automatic 3day suspension

1 - 20 of 21 Posts