Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the UPS man came by and left this. It's a Brazillian M-954 semi automatic 30-06 rifle. Courtesy of the the escaping Germans after WW2. To bad it's my dad's. I guess I'll inherit it one day.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pimpballer756 said:
i like your couch
Well it's more or less a chair. But I like it because it was free.

Xley said:
Nice legs.

Use the gun to kill your dad and then you can keep it.
Thanks for the comment on the legs. I do work out.

And I'm not sure about the killing my dad part, he'd probably get to me first.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NYY said:
wait, so you're allowed to get guns via ups? wtf that would never fly in nj
Sure, if you have a C&R License. I'm still waiting on mine.

crustybug said:
it almost looks like a gew. 43.....sweet gun...
It essentially is. It uses late war German Surplus parts. Which is a given from the extremely horrible finish on the bolt and some other parts. Then they essentially beefed up the receiver design a little more for 30-06 and changed the gas system a little. It uses a modified BAR magazine.

Only 300 were made and only 100 imported into the US by Springfield Armory.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
crustybug said:
that would be a hot hunting rifle, what do you plan on doin with it?
LOL, this would make a horrible hunting rifle. I'm sure it would blow up in my face unless I made some really really mild rounds to go threw it.

As for what we plan on using it for. Just as a conversation piece I guess and to say we have it.

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
david_4x4 said:
LOL, this would make a horrible hunting rifle. I'm sure it would blow up in my face unless I made some really really mild rounds to go threw it.

As for what we plan on using it for. Just as a conversation piece I guess and to say we have it.
pshhhhhhh. Id get the headspace checked and id use it for hunting. thatd be a sweet whitetail cannon bud. Thats the reason i got my turk (i hope its accurate lol). If my turk fails me i guess i keep on usin the lever action .30-30 :(

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
crustybug said:
pshhhhhhh. Id get the headspace checked and id use it for hunting. thatd be a sweet whitetail cannon bud. Thats the reason i got my turk (i hope its accurate lol). If my turk fails me i guess i keep on usin the lever action .30-30 :(
Headspcing isnt the problem. It's the metalergy(sp?) Pus, rare guns isn't something you and bubba go hunt with.

If I want to go hunting I'll take an M-1 or an M-1a

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
lol, trust me, if i had the money for an m1 i would have bought one......what about a pre-war 98k? thats a kickass rifle, and really easy to sporterize as well... i originally wanted a 91/30 pu sniper rifle for hunting, but those are about 450 apiece for a nice one, so i settled on the turk, which is a hot rifle, and i got the best one fleet farm had (they let you pick which one u want)

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
crustybug said:
lol, trust me, if i had the money for an m1 i would have bought one......what about a pre-war 98k? thats a kickass rifle, and really easy to sporterize as well... i originally wanted a 91/30 pu sniper rifle for hunting, but those are about 450 apiece for a nice one, so i settled on the turk, which is a hot rifle, and i got the best one fleet farm had (they let you pick which one u want)
Have a bunch of "pre-war" 98Ks. Which war? Also have a PE and PU snipers

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
ww2, like early war 98s, the latter war rifles are cheap and suck. I still want a 98k, and i might just buy an m48 yugo, cuz its the same thing with different stamping on the reciever...

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
crustybug said:
ww2, like early war 98s, the latter war rifles are cheap and suck. I still want a 98k, and i might just buy an m48 yugo, cuz its the same thing with different stamping on the reciever...
I have a couple of early war 98s.

I particularly like my Venezuelan Mauser. The Germans really wanted to make sure you knew they supplied you with that gun. It has the biggest waffenampts I have ever seen in any rifle.

My 33/40 is a good gun to shoot also, but damn the kick.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
crustybug said:
how much you want for the pu? j/k you wouldnt sell it....i may end up buyin one soon tho, its still a popular gun
Everything is for sale at the right price.

I bought mine when Coles had them for super cheap. I think I only gave $425 for it.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
crustybug said:
whats the condition?? i dont want something thats gonna spray bullets, i want something that can at least 10 ring it about 3 or 4 times in a 5 round clip...
It's about a 90% gun. I've never shot these, so I don't know what their capable. If theyre anything like my SVT-40 snipers. I'm not holding my breath.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts