Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight my dad and I got into an arguement.... I ended up walking out of the house because I couldn't take his ****. As I was walking out he comes up from behind me and kicks my feet out from underneath me. Basically I stood up as he was throwing a punch, and I punched him as hard as I could, about 3 punches from me resulted in a punch straight to the templed, chest. I landed on the ground and got a few kicks before my mom tore him off of me. I ran to the end of the street. He chased after me, but I out ran him. My mom picked me up and we went drving. I have a concussion but I'm refusing to go to the hospital because they ask questions... and as much as I hate my father at the moment, ultimately I love him and don't want him to go to jail. and I can't lie. I really don't know what to do at the moment, so prayers would be appreciated... or advice if anyone has ever been in my situation before. And to top it all off, i feel strangely responsible for everything, even though it has nothing to do with me.
Peace
Chad

ps. excuse the type-o's im really boggy at the moment

·
Woohoo
2,350 Posts
You need to tell someone. If he did it once, chances are he'll do it again. The thing with most spouses/kids that are beat is they are generally afraid that they will send the loved on to jail, so they just take all the beatings. I will pray for you though, most definitely. I hope you consider telling someone, because it will help. I hope things get better for you, man, I really do.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
When my parents got in a fight and they got arrested I left and went skateboarding.

That was pretty ****ed up. I still can't believe they would actually do that.

·
PBF's oldest newb
1,618 Posts
tell someone. now. and just keep telling yourself its not your fault he's like this. like duk said, if they do it once they'll do it again more often then not. if its happened before this time then you really know. tell a teacher, a cop, anyone. if its not safe for you there you shouldnt have to live with it.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
i really feel for you.
I probably would tell somebody.
If you were your father, and you knew you could get away with beating your child, and nothing happens, wouldnt you do it again?
il pray for you, a really will. :tup

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
i could see if you were over 18 but even then it isnt right. I really dont think you are over 18 so maybe you should tell someone.

D

·
0 Posts
I'd say to him that he could never tell me what to do again.. and then just walk away. His ****ing problem for being a weak asshole, couldnt control his anger.. couldnt express himself in any other way.. ****s weak (shiiiittts weak, shiz weak!)

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
I would just stay the hell away from him and basically cut him out of my life, to be completely honest. Until there was a sincere apology I could not put up with that ****.

Depending on how old you are I'd consider looking for another place to stay...even with a friend or something. I wouldn't hide it from people either. You can still love someone but not want to be around them.

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
dude thats ****ed up more than you can imagine.. i mean i cant tell you what to do really because no matter what i said here isnt really going to change your mind.. but you posting here is incriminating evidence alone. if a mod here, or admin, or anyone is somehow able to get an IP address, phone number, ISP, anything they can report this to the police.

you know i've known people who have been in your position. its a sad thing to watch from my end. why? they're so fixated on the mentality that they love their dad, despite his abusive ways. no *normal* person would have the mental motivation to hurt their child.. especially in today's society, where its not only an extreme taboo, but against the law. youre dad broke the law. i mean it sounds crazy, and irrational, and so far'fetched that he deserves to be punished for this. but honestly, you're in a position that sadly, thousands of kids are in every day (and possibly worse situations). you almost, in my opinion, have a duty to do something about it because there are those kids int he same situation that can't get out of it the way you can.

ill close this up: look dude for people that care about you, they dont want to see you get hurt, beaten, and shut down by someone who doesnt care about you. has that ever crossed your mind as well? does he care about you? if there's any realistic advice i can give you, it's mabye give it *one more shot. you know, i honestly dont think you're going to the police, hospital, school, etc., so i think if we can realisticaly say here that if you wait to see if it happens again then you might be willing to do something.

·
I'mma Let You Finish.
7,445 Posts
I love my dad but I would not let him do something like this to me for no reason. Luckily my dad and I aren't very physical people and don't care for the whole yelling / getting upset thing.

Tell someone.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
yeah you need to get the word out about this bro. my friend sarah was in the same situation with both her parents, her mom would come over drunk and hit her, whether it be the taquila bottle or w/e she could get her hands on. ahh well im not gonna jack your thread for this but she told somebody and moved out and things are going really good for her now.

there has to be somebody you can tell, whether it be school counselor, police officer, neighbor, or even the parents of your friend or even yuor friends the bottom line is this doesn't need to be kept down, and is it weird that I was listening to face down by The red jumpsuit apparatus when I started reading this?

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
1) No one has the right to hit you PERIOD. end of story no arguments. That means your dad, sister, friends, mother, or random person. That is assault and is against the law.

2) Talk to someone, a counselor, a priest/rabbi, police officer, someone. (FYI: National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233) you don't need to tell them your name, but talk to someone.

3) Go to the hospital and get checked out. Concussions are no laughing matter at all. Traumatic brain injury can be a life changing injury and any time you are hurt enough to be "wobbly" you need to be evaluated.

4) I am available to talk to if you want. I may be in Iraq, but I get on g-mail chat a lot with my family, and I have access to a phone. I am an adult who has dealt with this issue myself and I would be happy to talk to you. Just pm me or email me (me[email protected]).

Domestic violence will never stop unless it is reported. Will the authorities get involved, yes. Will your Dad go to jail? Possibly. But if he can get the help that he needs, it will be a much healthier relationship in the long run. If you do nothing, then nothing will change, your Dad will get angry again, and he will hit you. If not you, it will be your mother, your sister, your neighbor or someone else close to you. Do everyone a favor and report it.

Is this easy.. HELL NO! But it may be the best thing that can happen. Who knows, maybe your dad has some type of medical condition that can be addressed, or some psychological issues that can be resolved. You will never know until you take the first step.

You are in my thoughts, I send you strength and my prayers, and I am here for you, as I am for any user that may need it.

Medic

·
All white bricks
967 Posts
my dad whipped me all the time growing up. Whether it was with his fist, a belt, it was whatever he could find. I hated him for it but I look back now and I completely deserved every one of them I got. Whether it was disrespecting him or my mom, getting drunk, smoking, breaking curfew, and a ton more.

Grow some balls and dont disrespect your father. The only reason that you should get someone involved on the outside is if your dad just beats you because he likes it, which im 100% isnt the case.

I swear people these days are such pussies. Grow some balls and be a man.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Um...there is a big difference between getting a "whipping" and getting the **** knocked out of you over an argument. From the sounds of things he had done nothing wrong that would require physical harm, especially to the extent of being kicked while laying on the ground. I've been hit before. Being hit is not being beaten.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
really depends on how old you are, but he stil wasnt right. If you are under 18 chances are you should probably seek some kind of family guidance. If you are over 18 then he should have just let you keep walking, and not let you come back. If you can, move the **** out. If thats not an option get help.

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
my dad whipped me all the time growing up. Whether it was with his fist, a belt, it was whatever he could find. I hated him for it but I look back now and I completely deserved every one of them I got. Whether it was disrespecting him or my mom, getting drunk, smoking, breaking curfew, and a ton more.
You sir are a victim of domestic abuse. The sad thing is that because you see nothing wrong with it, you are very likely to treat your own children the same way.

There is a HUGE difference from appropriate discipline and abuse. I am all for appropriate discipline, but beatings are never appropriate.

As for growing a pair... don't even go there man.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Grow some balls and dont disrespect your father. The only reason that you should get someone involved on the outside is if your dad just beats you because he likes it, which im 100% isnt the case.

I swear people these days are such pussies. Grow some balls and be a man.
the arguement was over me losing my house key....

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.