Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been out of the loop again, and I'm curious to see what's been happening with all you people from my era :p

I know Trbo got married, even gave him a call and talked to him a bit before to give some ideas on a potential knotted rope flower idea (did that ever go through?)

How about everyone else?

I'm currently back at Purdue, about to be finals week, and this is the deciding factor to see if I can continue my education here. If I fail out again, then my time at Purdue is over. Switched my major a couple times, now studying Mechanical Engineering Technology. Hope I get to stay!

I also started a small etsy page that sells leather goods. Orders are at a very workable 1-2 a month, and that gives me extra cash to get more leather and buy new tools. Just as expensive as paintball was, but now I make money back :p

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
I got fired from Jimmy Johns in July. I hulk raged on my manager because he was being a huge passive-agressive douchebag. I'm glad it didn't actually come to blows because I would have messed him up in a bad way. I can't remember the last time I was actually that angry at somebody.

It's one of the best things that has ever happened to me. I'm back in school and have 8 classes left before I get my associate degree in Energy Technology. For the first time in years, I actually have a plan for my life. It would be nice to have a job right now, but i've been given a manager position at the Patintball Barn (Big things are planned for next year! they'll actually happen because I'm committed to getting them done) and I'm looking at a paid internship as well.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! I remember when you took me to the barn that one time, it was a really fun field :)

Good on you for having a plan, stick to it and I'm sure everything will fall into place!

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
Still working the Verizon Wireless thing. I think you were still here when I moved to AZ, still here. My wife and I finally got all her paperwork done and she's been here since February of this year. She generally uses my VXi'D V2 clone when we play (yes, she plays paintball with me, yes, I am lucky).

Got rid of my 2013 FR-S after my moron of a neighbor dropped a ladder on it, then got a basically identical 2015 FR-S to replace it. SAme exterior color, interior color, options packages, transmission, etc. Nicer head unit though, this one actually properly pairs with Bluetooth so that you can control the phone from the car.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Dropped out of college, continued to get out of control for a little while afterwards. Got my **** together and I've been working at a zoo as an Animal keeper/ sea lion trainer for the past 5 years and live in the city on my own. Starting online classes at my old college in January too! My girlfriend and my mother ganged up on me to start classes again but I'm pretty stoked. All in all working at a zoo is a mind**** full of crazy people and it's been a hell of a ride (times to the hospital) but it's a hell of a good time, it's the rush I needed.

Was thinking of making a thread similar to this but never got around to it. Beat me to it!

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I remember seeing pictures of you doing you sea lion training in the mug shots thread, very cool!

What are you studying right now?

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just starting to dabble in archery myself!

Played around with some bows and loved it, thinking about getting a low poundage Samick Sage for myself as a Christmas present.

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts

Played around with some bows and loved it, thinking about getting a low poundage Samick Sage for myself as a Christmas present.
I'm actually in talks to get a Geo 3.5 for myself for as an xmas present. Don't we just get ourselves the BEST gifts?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Still working the Verizon Wireless thing. I think you were still here when I moved to AZ, still here. My wife and I finally got all her paperwork done and she's been here since February of this year. She generally uses my VXi'D V2 clone when we play (yes, she plays paintball with me, yes, I am lucky).

Got rid of my 2013 FR-S after my moron of a neighbor dropped a ladder on it, then got a basically identical 2015 FR-S to replace it. SAme exterior color, interior color, options packages, transmission, etc. Nicer head unit though, this one actually properly pairs with Bluetooth so that you can control the phone from the car.
I left VZW a couple years ago. Am still in the industry, just no longer on the carrier side.

I'm actually in talks to get a Geo 3.5 for myself for as an xmas present. Don't we just get ourselves the BEST gifts?
and yes. yes, we do.

·
Super Moderator
3,815 Posts

i WAS going to get that for my gf, but she doesn't like the look of it. she's very much into the lacquered polished risers... but those start at like 4bills.

i'm looking at going olympic recurve. maybe a SF starter setup

1 - 20 of 47 Posts