Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mods

how in the He!! do u become a mod, ive been here for a while. is there a standard to become a mod?? i just want to know to see if i meet the standards if theres any??

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
im not really asking to become one, thanks for answering the question, and if mods get pissed over this then thats reallt stupid, and i will not delete this, i wanted to put this here so im leaving it here, someone else is more then welcome to delete it, but that infringing on the freedom of speech, not really but in some minsicule way u could think of it that way. but if any mods get pissed over this im sorry i just wanted to know, guess i cant really ask questions

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
I don't think your question is inappropriate.....I can't blame you, after all the thread where the last person asked this is in the other pages of the lounge, so being a Super Mod myself I'll be more than happy to answer your question :)

Whenever people are chosen to be moderators, it stems from a need in a newly created or existing forum. In potential candidates we look for their forum record, attitude, helpfulness and character. Once a few candidates are selected or nominated (in the moderator forum, where only we see it) we take a vote. If the votes show that the particular member fits the criteria we inform him/her and offer a moderator position to them, if they want it.

Under NO conditions do people ask to be a moderator and get the spot because they ask. The process never has involved that because it shows us mods that those people think they should be mods just for having a high post count or being members for a long time on the forum. Just because they've been here a while doesn't mean they are worthy of the task and responsibily.

That's pretty much it...I can't really think of simpler terms to put it in thumup:

Oh, and because this question is asked relatively frequently I will go ahead and sticky this...I'm also renaming it "So you want to be a MOD?" :D

·
Banned
901 Posts
Aggression said:
Well Im the un-offical mod of the international forum.
Im just helping out around the forum, the mods dont visit that place enough and Im just keepin an eye out for bad posts.
Alright, here we go again:

Aggression, we need no help in that forum. There is a reason there is no moderator in the Internation Forum: NOBODY USES IT. Your fantasy about being a mod would almost be funny if it weren't so pathetic. Give it up. There are no unofficial mods of anything. Try helping out in the forums that need attention as opposed to engaging in your annoying little daydreams...

Sorry, but it needed to be said.

·
Wheeeeee!
1,366 Posts
I don't see why everyone wants to be a mod. I think people are of the notion that Mods have get togethers and exclusive parties, or something. Nah. Paintball forum mods are just your average (or, well, above-average?) folk like you and me. They just have semi-godly quasi-universal powers. Like He-Man. :)

Anyways, usually the only fun applications to these endowments are, well, inappropriate. Responsibility, folks.

Personally, I like not being held responsible for the consequences of the things I say! :D

·
Registered
949 Posts
You are so right. We do have partys everynight. We live in the admins parents basement. We are also all clones of bill cosby and we live off of V8 Splash and ramen. It's pretty cool. Envy us non-bill cosby clones!

·
Registered
949 Posts
The chances of you becoming a mod are like the chances that rosie o'donnel will turn straight, and get skinny. Meaning there is no chance kid. Get another dream.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts