Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i got my new headlights in i had to cut the **** out of the buckets to get em in

and heres just a couple of exterior shots its kinda dirty and hope fully i will have time to get it lowered soon

i need to get that roof rack off too

i am kinda thinkin about trading it for a 4x4 blazer man i sure do miss the days of goin muddin not sure yet tho

·
King of the Fuster Cluck
2,064 Posts
just to let ya know ya got a little dent in the front.......lol

but dont by a 4x4 blazer and lift it only lift if ya got a v8 or diesel.........that way other ppl dont have to pull ya out of the mud when ( ya i said when) u get stuck

·
Registered
211 Posts
2 legit said:
just to let ya know ya got a little dent in the front.......lol

but dont by a 4x4 blazer and lift it only lift if ya got a v8 or diesel.........that way other ppl dont have to pull ya out of the mud when ( ya i said when) u get stuck

That's pretty ignorant right there. I've seen 4 cylinder toyota's with a whopping 116 horses do awesome off road. It's all in the gearing.

Definitely trade that Blazer in for a 4x4. You'll have much more fun with it.

·
King of the Fuster Cluck
2,064 Posts
i guarentee a v8 would do better than those said 4 bangers.......... just to let you know for future reference 8>4

·
Registered
211 Posts
2 legit said:
i guarentee a v8 would do better than those said 4 bangers.......... just to let you know for future reference 8>4
I wasn't saying that the 4 banger would do better than the v8, I was saying that you don't need anywhere near a v8 to do some crazy stuff off road. All you need is the gearing, because all that extra power isn't going to be used when you have an extremely low gear ratio and are rock crawling. Go ride a 21 speed bike, shift it into the lowest gear possible, and see how easy it is to get that thing going up hills. It takes hardly any effort. You shift into 4Lo and you have an almost 7:1 gear ratio (Refering to a 4 cylinder toyota with a manual transmission), that's plenty to get yourself over things, and out of things. Add on a marlin crawler dual tranfer case kit and new differential gears, and you can get insanely low gearing.

In racing, there may be no replacement for displacement, but in off roading and rock crawling, you can get away fine with just 4 cylinders.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts