Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Those wheels look good on there. I ike it, looks clean.

I wonder if they make chrome "SS" lettering, because the red "SS" looks so out of place. :?

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
auto or stick?

Overall, very clean LS1. I do like the color, and I personally like the red SS badges. Theres a 2000 SS about thirty miles from me, but its auto, and I have told myself I will be getting a stick.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The pictures do suck...I was trying to make do with the lighting before it actually got dark, and my camera isn't anything special. But I'm not a photographer.

It's a 6-speed with LTs, off-road y, and a lid. Put down 342rwhp thru a stock catback, tuned by Jeremy Formato.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Get yourself a larger throttle body and a larger diameter MAF sensor (with a retune) and I guarantee you'll see 350+RWHP. :)

Get yourself a nice cam as well and you'll be keeping up with me in no time. :tup

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
BTW, if you're looking to hook-up a little better on the launch, invest in a set of SLP Subframe connectors. They make a noticeable differance. A buddy of mine has an 02 Z28 with just a muffler, Y-pipe, and those connectors, and his car ran a 13.3 w/just those mods.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Slipknot said:
The pictures do suck...I was trying to make do with the lighting before it actually got dark, and my camera isn't anything special. But I'm not a photographer.

It's a 6-speed with LTs, off-road y, and a lid. Put down 342rwhp thru a stock catback, tuned by Jeremy Formato.
Yeah a lot of my pictures turn out pretty ****ty.. Just learn how to use the Image Adjust on Photoshop. All I did was levels, color balance, contrast/brightness, shadows/highlights and added a photo filter.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
doomsday said:
Get yourself a larger throttle body and a larger diameter MAF sensor (with a retune) and I guarantee you'll see 350+RWHP. :)

Get yourself a nice cam as well and you'll be keeping up with me in no time. :tup
Ported TBs help some, but the MAF really isn't a restriction at all. Next is definately getting around to welding in my cutout.

A cam will easily let me see over 400rwhp, I was looking at a MS4...but I've also debated on spray. Right now I'm looking at either leaving it how it is and getting a bike, or Pro-Charging it.

thepunkdrummer said:
BTW, if you're looking to hook-up a little better on the launch, invest in a set of SLP Subframe connectors. They make a noticeable differance. A buddy of mine has an 02 Z28 with just a muffler, Y-pipe, and those connectors, and his car ran a 13.3 w/just those mods.

Most f-body guys really dislike SLP. Some of there stuff is ok, but most if it isn't worth what you pay for it. I'm doing BMR suspension for two reasons. They make awesome products, and their warehouse is right down the street from my house. I'm doing adj LCAs and SFCs for now.

BTW - My car bone stock ran a 13.4 at 106, with a ****ty 2.2 60ft.

And I'm not in SC anymore, I was just up at Parris Island at the Depot...so I took some pics while I was up there. Got 33mpg on the drive there and back.

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
Slipknot said:
Most f-body guys really dislike SLP. Some of there stuff is ok, but most if it isn't worth what you pay for it. I'm doing BMR suspension for two reasons. They make awesome products, and their warehouse is right down the street from my house. I'm doing adj LCAs and SFCs for now.

Well, you just can't beat that. I'm not much for SLP stuff either, but the connectors seemed to help his car. But, I've heard good about BMR too. I'm fairly new to this scene, so all the info I can get helps. Don't want to go pick up that WS6 in a few weeks and know nothing about it.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Slipknot said:
Ported TBs help some, but the MAF really isn't a restriction at all. Next is definately getting around to welding in my cutout.

A cam will easily let me see over 400rwhp, I was looking at a MS4...but I've also debated on spray. Right now I'm looking at either leaving it how it is and getting a bike, or Pro-Charging it.

BTW - My car bone stock ran a 13.4 at 106, with a ****ty 2.2 60ft.

And I'm not in SC anymore, I was just up at Parris Island at the Depot...so I took some pics while I was up there. Got 33mpg on the drive there and back.
Get the bike.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thepunkdrummer said:
Well, you just can't beat that. I'm not much for SLP stuff either, but the connectors seemed to help his car. But, I've heard good about BMR too. I'm fairly new to this scene, so all the info I can get helps. Don't want to go pick up that WS6 in a few weeks and know nothing about it.
What year is it? '01 and '02 are better.

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
the one I'm looking at is a 98. But, there are a few 00s and 01s that are for sale, but have a lot more miles around me. I'm supposed to go look at a 00 SS tomorrow that just arived at a dealership. I've been looking around for one for a while, but now that the GTP is as good as gone, it's time to quit dreaming and start buying.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well '01 and '02 both come stock with the LS6 intake manifold. That's the main reason they're better. Other than that they have the Z06 clutch and an LQ4 cam, and the fact that they have no EGR.

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
Ic, so it just isn't the 02s that came w/the LS6 manfifold. All this one has is a ZO6 clutch and the skipshift eliminator.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts