1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
i dont think any of you know teachers.. my mom is a teacher, all im going to say is when a student takes something to a personal level to like mock you in front of the entire student body, you'd be pretty pissed off. its not so much "what kind of stuff" they did, its that they did it, and all the students saw. students generally have no respect for teachers, and to have them making fake myspaces claiming you're a lesbian, well thats ridiculous. that teacher had every right to defend herself, theres no reason anyone should be subjected to that.

i mean you guys probably think its some teacer with a stick up their ass, but seriously theres more to a teacher's reputation and respect than any student making fake myspaces to mock them would ever understand.

·
Cold Fusion...
2,466 Posts
Ja289 said:
i dont think any of you know teachers.. my mom is a teacher, all im going to say is when a student takes something to a personal level to like mock you in front of the entire student body, you'd be pretty pissed off. its not so much "what kind of stuff" they did, its that they did it, and all the students saw. students generally have no respect for teachers, and to have them making fake myspaces claiming you're a lesbian, well thats ridiculous. that teacher had every right to defend herself, theres no reason anyone should be subjected to that.

i mean you guys probably think its some teacer with a stick up their ass, but seriously theres more to a teacher's reputation and respect than any student making fake myspaces to mock them would ever understand.

My mom is a teacher too.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
L1nUx_r0ot said:
I'm going to sue anyone who makes fraudulent claims about me. Rumor starters, beware.

ATTENTION PBF:

L1nUx_r0ot lost both his legs in vietnam and now goes by the name Lieutenant Dan

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
yay, another frivolous lawsuit!!

dumb broad needs to thicken up her skin. god forbid anybody makes fun of you! go be principal at a preschool if you can't handle the rigors of high school

·
Anne Coulter's #1 Fan
4,291 Posts
**** that, those kids committed acts of defamation. If someone pulled that **** on me, I'd be pissed too. And I wouldn't want to let them get away with just a slap on the wrist. Frivolous lawsuit? More like kids learning a lesson the hard way.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
"Punishing" by way of money is simple. Frivolous lawsuit? In my opinion, yes....anything and everything for money.

The funniest thing about this thread to me, though?

People still say "pwned." It will be 2007 in just a few short months.

·
Ðèm-öñ(Pòp)tårt
1,469 Posts
that's really pathetic. need i say more?

the sad truth is that defamation of someone's name, like the article said is a third degree felony, and these kids are lucky they're gettin' off as easily as they did. just imagine if one of you were married - and then you find your wife had a myspace page saying she was a lesbian, on the off chance you were dumb enough to belive this, a whole tangent of problems could arise even to the point of damaging your trust with your partner and destroying your marriage.

yea, that's taking it a bit to the extreme - but sometimes people need to think about what they're doing to other people when they do these kinds of things. it's not just disrespectful, but it's against the law! i hope the teacher wins the suit. nobody in my family teaches, nor do i so i'm not being biased - but it's just a thing that people should think about when they are attempting to hurt someone like that.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
TonyD said:
The funniest thing about this thread to me, though?

People still say "pwned." It will be 2007 in just a few short months.
=(

omg i might as well quit life, im not up to date with the cool 1337 speak

or is 1337 old too?
:dodgy:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts