Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
do anyone see that game? did he get a penalty shot afterwards?

EDIT, I checked the hightlights, doesn't look like there was.

Hasek did get a tripping penalty though. But he got to the puck first and then tucked, so some might dispute it. But when you're up 5 zip and it's a regular season game, there's really no reason to charge a break away like that. Coulda ended Gaborik's career with that stunt.

·
45's to the sky
4,355 Posts
I doubt he was thinking like that. I'm sure most professional athletes just try to make the play whenever they can. He probably also wasn't expecting Gaborik to be looking down like that, had Gaborik had his head up the collision would've been less serious. I see where you are coming from though.

D

·
0 Posts
I doubt he was thinking like that. I'm sure most professional athletes just try to make the play whenever they can. He probably also wasn't expecting Gaborik to be looking down like that, had Gaborik had his head up the collision would've been less serious. I see where you are coming from though.
Actually, he did it because Gaborik's head was down.

"And as Hasek often does when he sees a shooter on a breakaway with his head down, he charged out of his net to try and knock the puck away."

"''I got there first to the puck and I don't think it's supposed to be a penalty,'' Hasek said. ''His head was down, I didn't go after him, I went directly for the puck. I got the puck first, then I hit him. ''"

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=224666&hubname=nhl

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
It's a penalty. He came out of the crease almost to the blue line so he can't be treated as a goalie. Imagine a regular skater went head on at the puck carrier, then went down on the ground and flipped the player over. He would be thrown out of the game.

The TV announcer is a moron.

·
45's to the sky
4,355 Posts
Actually, he did it because Gaborik's head was down.

"And as Hasek often does when he sees a shooter on a breakaway with his head down, he charged out of his net to try and knock the puck away."

"''I got there first to the puck and I don't think it's supposed to be a penalty,'' Hasek said. ''His head was down, I didn't go after him, I went directly for the puck. I got the puck first, then I hit him. ''"

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=224666&hubname=nhl

Well in that case you have proven me wrong. Touche.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts