Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im brand new to this site and im also pretty new to paintball. i have played before but i just started liking it a lot and getting more serious and now my imagine broke (this is the old imagine):-(

i tried to figure out the problem but since i dont know a lot about guns i got annoyed so i hope someone out there knows how to fix this problem:

with CO2 attached to my gun i will pull the trigger. it will fire. i will pull the trigger again but i just hear a click and the bolt doesnt move forward. then i will pull the trigger again and the bolt fires. sometimes its intervals of 2 trigger pulls before it shoots or its every other trigger pull. i already checked if this was a battery problem, but even with a new battery in the gun it does the same thing. now for the weird part....without any CO2 in, i can pull the bolt back and it will move forward every time i pull the trigger. its only when i have CO2 in the gun that it does this freaky thing.

please someone respond, im supposed to be playing this weekend but if i cant get my gun fixed ima be pretty pissed.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
so when it doesn't fire the bolt is actually still cocked?? And the sear clicks but doesn't release the hammer?

Fresh battery and put a coin behind the noid, it might not be dropping the sear all the way

Otherwise, i've got no real idea, and this is kinda a long shot too.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
When you fire it without the CO2, it doesn't go through the recock cycle. Being blown back into position with the CO2 from the valve is a great deal more forceful than being put in position by hand.

I'm also going to stretch here and guess. Barring a bad or weak 'Noid, I'm guessing that somehow the hammer spring is picking up some extra tension somewhere and it's pushing against the sear too hard for the 'Noid to be able to kick it over. That would be why it will click a few times and then fire- the first few clicks just move the sear slightly until it finally slips off the hammer on the last one.

Now the question with my idea is how does is manage to pick up the extra spring tension?

Get a diagram from Kingman's site for your gun (the 05 Imagine should be almost the same if you can't find the right one) and take your gun apart. Have a look at everything that comes out of the lower tube- the hammer, the spring, the guides and the bumper. If anything is missing let us know.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
that's what i thought also. but i put a lighter spring in(actualyl it was the stock spring) and it still didnt' do anything. sine my local paintball place opened back up (they had a fire) I'm gona drop by today and pick upa spring kit, check out thier fields and see if i can't pick up a second job. I'll let you know if it works.

edit: went ot drop by today and theyre' re-doing the entrance bridge in front so they were closed. I hate road construction :(

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok i checked the diagram and my gun and everything is there...do u guys think i need to get new parts, if so which ones.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ok When You Shoot With Co2 In It Look To See If Paint Is Commin Out If Your Hopper, #2 When You Cock It Back With No Co2 In It And The Bolt Goes Back Forward Aegan, It Is Suppose To Do That #3 See If There Is A Jam #4 If None Fo That Works Take Your Intire Gun Abpart Clean And Re-lube Every Thing And Try In Agean

1 - 8 of 8 Posts