Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
chicks dig scars baby!
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont get why people smoke, all it does is kill you.......maybe quite a few years ago but damn idk why anyone would start smoking (cigarettes btw). it is a ****in cancer stick.........i was plannin on ballin this sunday but i have to c my grandpa because his cancers gettin real bad, and they dont think hes got long =(. they even removed his entire left lung and the doctor said "dont worry, he wont smoke. most quit after something this traumatic" welllll he tried to smoke in the hospital...........and now hes prolly gonna die cuz he cancer is spreading............................idk just a rant neone else have similar stories or family members who got cancer from this ****?

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
alot of people enjoy smoking, but smoking for that long just ends up with the worst conqsequence and then they regret every smoking to begin with. sorry about your grandfather, there's nothing that could really have been done except for his own choice.

my grandmother is 92 year old, and has been smoking since she was about 18. she has quit a few years ago, but is still in perfect living condition! (knock on wood) its amazing how at her age she's so healthy and living at the same time. even after having have smoked for decades..

·
Banged
5,579 Posts
Smoking is perfectly fine. If someone want to do it, who the **** are you all to judge them?

Do you see someone smoking and think badly of them? what about fat people? do you go up to fat people and tell them to stop eating because thier going to die of heart disease?

It's someone personal choice, and for many it's the only way they can make it through the day. I'm in college and if i didnt occationally smoke to calm my nerves i would never get anything done.

·
Registered
42 Posts
ja289 said:
i think people blame it way too much on smoking.

people arent COMPLETELY pulled in my cigarettes where they didnt have a choice to begin with.

everyone knows the dangers of smoking long-term, if you wnt to prevent that, then avoid smoking long-term.

That's what everybody thinks.. they think they can quit after a couple years. But after smoking for that long they can't.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
i'm not much of a fan of cigarettes.. but i like to smoke a swisher here and there.. it really does calm u down a little bit... not saying i do or would do it all the time but like chrome said.. it's a persons choice.. dont judge them for it..people probably judge you guys too for little things they dont like that you happen to do...

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
oh im not saying it isnt harmful, or that its not a stupid choice. my dad used to be a heavy smoker. he was forced to stopcause he had asthma and his doctor showed him an x-ray of his charred lung and he knew he had a repsonsibility to his family and didnt want to risk his health. so yeah i understand why people put it down so much because they're forced to see someone else suffer through it.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
**** you all. I'll smoke what I want and when I want. It calms me the hell out, and with life the way it's been recently I need it. I don't even smoke every day, but I do smoke at least once a week, and it's only just a cigarette or two.

I'm not gonna be alive past 25 anyways, so let me (and everyone else) make their own decisions.

D

·
0 Posts
chromekilla said:
Smoking is perfectly fine. If someone want to do it, who the **** are you all to judge them?
see, i do agree with this.. well, sort of.. see with our health care program.. it's pretty stupid for tax payers to have to pay for a smoker whoses got lung cancer, and then continues to smoke.

But I dont really have a problem with smoking. I smoke.. not really often, but I do.

And the whole addiction thing.. depends on the person.. Last weekend I chain smoked half a pack. I haven't had a craving all this week. Or at least not one that I havent forgot half a second later.

The only time I crave a smoke is when I'm drunk or walking some place in the fall/winter.

Sucks for your grandpa though.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Sure it's their choice.

But Smoking doesn't just effect the person wasting their money on it though. If they're indoors, which seems to be fast becoming illegal, it effects everyone else in the room. They'll all inhale smoke whether they want to or not.

The apartment in the other half of my building smokes. They all gather out front and our rooms here fill up with the smell. I'm not really fond of their smoking.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I smoke and I love it. Although I do have a plan. I have been told from many health professionals that your lungs take 1 year to heal for every 5 years you smoke. I have smoked for about 6 years so in 4 years I am gonna quit for 2 years and then start up again.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.