Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my car is kinda messed up right now..There is a puncture in the front bumper that is like a right angle with about 1 1/2" on each of the 'legs' and a 4-5" crack and broken light on the side running light near the bumper. I was just wondering about how much you thought it would cost to get that repaired and if it would be worth it to pay by myself or if my insurance would go up or not. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I got my car fixed wouldn't insurance cover that and then in turn go up?

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
unless you got in a crash (in which case your insurance would go up) your insurance wont cover it... which means you'll have to get it fixed... i'd guess about 250-300 for a bumper and labor, and about 125ish for a light and labor...

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HuNtS said:
unless you got in a crash (in which case your insurance would go up) your insurance wont cover it... which means you'll have to get it fixed... i'd guess about 250-300 for a bumper and labor, and about 125ish for a light and labor...
Yeah thats how I thought it worked..either pay for it myself or have insurance cover it and then have it go up.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
lol i worded that really funny... take 2. insurance will not cover it unless it was in a crash (in which case insurance WILL go up)

which means you'll have to pay out of your pocket all of it unless you got in a crash...

·
He gon' get it!
2,799 Posts
Unless you have comprehensive, which covers you from natural disasters, or vandalism, insurance wont do crap for you. If you have standard liability, it means that your car will only get fixed in a crash.

As far as the cost...well, that's hard to say. You live in Illinois, here in NJ, the cost of living is way higher (which is why alot of people work in NJ and commute from PA), and a job like you specified might run me +500$. Get some pictures up and I can get you a more accurate number.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll work on the pictures. We also just had some pretty big hail that dented my car up pretty good. Same deal with that or would insurance cover that?

·
He gon' get it!
2,799 Posts
Hail = comprehensive. What insurance do you have? Is it full coverage or just liability? If you have full, you should be able to get this damaged fixed and only have to pay your deductable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts