Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
chicks dig scars baby!
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so im not sure wen exactly this started but ill describe everything to you and see if u guys can help me out....

1)no sound comes out of my laptop speakers
2)i had to have a rubber band holding the headphone in the head phone jack at an angle or no sound would come out.
3)i couldnt rest my left wrist on the computer too hard or the sound would cut out.
4)in the middle of songs, or wen im browsin the web...or sometimes just out of the blue it would get real......staticy, like you could hear the words and stuff but there was a loud static over it.
5)lately there has been no sound at all unless im playin with the headphone jack movin it around at different angles. but i cant get the sound to stay.

should i try to replace it/get it replaced? or should i just buy a new computer. i have a HP...cant remember wat model but its about 3-4 yrs old.

·
Certified Caffeine Addict
3,072 Posts
I don't think there is much you can do to replace it. I'm pretty sure the sound card on most laptops is integrated into the motherboard.

Your best bet would be to try and find one that would fit in a PCMCIA card slot, if you have a spare slot on your laptop.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
have you tryed diff head phones? there isnt much you can do to replace a sound card on a laptop other then send it in to get fixed or what was said above

most laptops all you can do is change the hard drive/ram and cd rom other then that you are sol

·
chicks dig scars baby!
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Charger said:
have you tryed diff head phones? there isnt much you can do to replace a sound card on a laptop other then send it in to get fixed or what was said above

most laptops all you can do is change the hard drive/ram and cd rom other then that you are sol
damn, i was afraid of that...alright thanks guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts