Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if i seem down lately guys. There are tons of good things in my life to look forward to but the bad things all weighed on me today.
A very good friend of mine died saturday on a motorcycle that I had ridden at least a hundred miles. A damn tourist smashed into him when they didn't look both ways coming outa an intersection. he was passing a car on a two lane road when the other car ran a stop sign only looking for there lane of traffic. He went right under the car and was crushed dying at the scene.
http://www.exploreokoboji.com/news_local_sty.asp?sty=37366
I don't bring this up for simpathy its just a fact that im trying to get over. The girl I like will be going to school 4 hours away while I sit at home waiting to get out of the court system which is moving at the speed of congress over a touchy subject. I don't know if im ever gonna get into the army at this rate I could die of old age before they decide on anything. at least the lawyers are making money off of me.
I just wish it was me on his bike rather than nate...he was probably the nicest guy any of you would know never down on anything always smiling and cheering people up. I was in shock all of yesterday and it didn't even hurt it didn't sink in that I would never see a good friend again. People try to fix things by saying hes happy in heaven but he was happy on earth and there is no heaven...I just wish there was a way to bring him back.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Last year i lost 2 friends of mine, dont worry bud the pain will go away. Just keep on keepin on and remember those who you loved. Enjoy your life, you will only be here for a short time. thumup:

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Not trying to sound like an asshole (though I probably do sound like one) but death has never really bothered me too much. Despite that, you still have my sympathys. It's this sort of thing that can make you realize just how little education there is about motorcycles. They need to really emphasize the fact that cars do share the roadways with bikes, and extra caution needs to be taken to make sure things like this don't happen. Damn people need to learn how to drive.

-Jin

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jin I feel you I don't mind death but it hit in how easily it could have been me. Nate is an excelent rider and has been riding since he was like 12 on the motocross stuff. the one at fault was the piece of **** tourist (terrorist) from texas who was to busy to get to the lake so she could spend two more seconds looking the other way. I stood right where he got hit on the road today and the visibilty was wide open. The ***** was at fault and its because of her that I won't see my friend again. his brand new gsxr was totalled and his life is gone. I wish I could meet the lady who hit him just so I could slap the piss outa her.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
the article makes it sound like he hit the *****. i can't possibly understand how you feel because i've never lost a friend, but i can understand how angry you must feel. the careless ****ers at fault are always the ones to walk away from it.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and they will drive back to texas more than likely at the end of the week...people will ask how there vacation was on the clearest lake in the nation and they will say oh fine we got into a little accident but nothing to sweat over. it was calming blah blah blah. From what one of my friends said whos dad is a cop at the scene the lady was really ditzy and he made it sound like she was almost gigling at what had happend. I seriously wanna just find her and slap the ***** till she doesn't get up. I don't hit girls but ones who kill my friends have it coming.

2,668 Posts
Im sorry man, that sucks hardcore, don't forget to remember all the awesome times...Not good to dwell in sadness...

Anyways, yeah they did make it seem like he was at fault, but of course thats what they always do, it's always the kid, never the senila adult who thinks they own the road...

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Bubba, I'm sorry to hear that. Half a year ago my dad was injured on his tuono, he came away with no skin on his shoulder and thats all.

I pray for your friend and I pray for your rough times.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Nick, that really sucks man. Times will pass man. Thing is you gotta be real cautious on the road with a bike, but people are still too stupid to look one more time. I'm obessed with Crotch Rockets but I don't even know if I'll get one. The onyl dangerous thing is the idiots who don't look enough.

Things will get better man.

·
45's to the sky
4,355 Posts
Yea, I just lost 1 of my friends, and his friend(who was an amazing guitarist, and didn't get to see his album cover, a big shame.)

Yes, Justin was found to have had weed in his blood, and they were at fault for driving so damn fast and not wearing seatbelts, but it hits hard when you know the person. Tomorrow woulda been JP's birthday, he died exactly a month before his birthday. It's ****ed up.

Brandon

·
Wheeeeee!
1,366 Posts
Sounds like he was a great guy. Idiot drivers are such a travesty. It's so hard to forgive someone for trivializing such a powerful machine with such gross incompetence, impatience, and irreverence. Reminds me of when a school-mate of mine was killed waiting for her bus. Some ***** from our same school nailed her going, defense admits no less than 50-some, prosecution says no less than 60-some. I think the ultimate blow was that the driver in question, even after her own expert witness proved that she couldn't have been going the speed limit, would not admit speeding. I think a lack of responsibility like that proves one thing: this person has no business opperating a vehicle. Sounds like the same attitude from the tourist chick.

But, y'know, I'll tell you what. If I could choose to die doing something that I loved... I think I'd go with that. But then, it's always too soon for this sort of thing. For what it's worth.

D

·
0 Posts
**** that.. i hate vechicals.. getting your license should be WAY harder.. ****ing sick of drivers not knowing what the hell they are doing... and stupid teenage ****s driving like idiots.. i hate em.. my cousin died in a car accident at 16.. im 16 now... its just too messed to think about man.. its not right..

·
WWW.GAMEBOZO.COM
2,741 Posts
dude that reallu sux i hope you get through it fine. i was thinkin of gettin a crotch rocket when i get older but its this kind of stuff that makes me not want to. im really sorry man

·
No comment
1,770 Posts
I personally have never lost a good friend, but a fwe years ago my sis lost one of her friends to a plane accident. When they recovered the plane they could'nt find anything wrong and the other pilot that he was flying with was known to show-off at times. How stupid can people get. That hit my sister pretty hard. Just try to remember all of the good times that you had with him. Good luck gettin' through this.

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
i always thought when i read stories like this 'stupid drivers should have paid more attention' but last year my brother got hit, and its more real than you can imagine. you dont really think of these things until it happens to you and when it happens to someone else, you feel it again and again. my brother was driving, and some lady went right through a red light and hit him right in the driver side. of course the airbags didnt function, so the car got totaled. they thought he had head trauma so a helicopter came to airlift him to a hospital. i even saw the helicopter (this was before i knew what happened). he even called the house while in the car, and my other brother picked up the phone, but he didnt say anything happened. i went to a movie, and then at my friends house my parents called me, and told me what happened. i mean i didnt know what to think, because i knew something happened, and i just thought he died or something. i cant even think of it, because it makes me sick just to know how close my brother was to getting killed. and i read about all these accidents, people i know, and i know exactly how their families felt 'how could it happen?'. mabye its not important to you guys, but i never really experienced anyone i knew dieing. except for my grandfather (who died 9 years to the EXACT day my grandmother died).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts