Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Stem
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I have recently bought a brand new smartparts sp1 from scheels. When i connect the co2 tank and try to fire, it will sometimes fire, and sometimes just beep. I made sure that the dwell mode was on co2 and i tried turning up and down the velocity. The relief valve is doing its job ( i think ) because every now and again, i hear the psssssst of gas coming out of it.

if you even have an idea, please reply
!!!

Thannks,
Abe

·
Stem
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes it has an electronic trigger. i am sure things are working because when you diconnect the co2, the gun will beep when you pull the trigger. Its the same beep that happens sometimes when i pull the trigger. All the modes work. and when it does fire, it is awesome.
I guess that could be the issue, but if thats the case, i would return to scheels

·
Don't tempt me. I bite.
542 Posts
Hmmm.. If I were you, I'd take it ALL apart. Every screw, everything. Look at it, make sure it's not broken, make sure it's in it's correct position all that kind of stuff. Check the board out too. Never know, a wire may be just layin there, and sometimes it connects and it fires, and sometimes it doesn't. Do that, and once you put it back together, if it still does it, I'd just send it back. I'm not sure what else could be wrong with it.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
Does it have an electronic trigger?
at least know what the marker is before you try to help

sounds to me like its just the relief valve, before tearing it apart like Tippmann suggests without even knowing what you are looking for, screw your tank in, take the hopper off and all paint out, point the marker straight up, and fire away, see if it stops shooting at all, if it fires without stopping then its just the reliefe valve, when that valve is venting the marker will not fire and i think thats whats happening to you. if the marker does stop firing then you have another issue, but try this first and we will go from there

that beep is it firing or at least trying to, just if there is no gas in the marker it cant do anything, its sending the signal to the noid but the noid cant do anything without pressure from the reg

·
Stem
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok thanks.. you know, i just shot it today, and like trbo said, i think its the relief valve. The beep makes sense, and i think i just have to wait for the co2 to expand and then try not to shoot(while aiming) down.
Thanks guys, Abe

·
Registered
213 Posts
I purchased an Sp1 when they first came out, and when it came from the factory it was doing what you described. As soon as I chrono'd it to 280fps, it stopped doing it. Apparently they had the velocity set almost to max.......

·
Stem
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok sweet.. Thanks again for the advice!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had the same issue with mine and it was not the relief valve. The solenoid was freezing from the CO2. Smarts Parts identified that a number of SP-1 markers went out with solenoids that froze readily and so I sent it to them for a replacement solenoid. They fixed it. No more freezing...

Contact Smart Parts...

edited due to awful spelling...

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
this is not a noid issue, run your marker on HPA if you want to be certain. it will shoot all day on HPA even when pointed at the ground, now screw a co2 tank in and point it down, you will maybe get a few shots off before the relief valve starts venting and it stops shooting.

if you want a more permanant fix than just waiting have your local shop install a anti-siphon tube in your co2 tank (about $20) it will really help to make sure liquid co2 does not get to the relief valve

·
Registered
9 Posts
this is not a noid issue, run your marker on HPA if you want to be certain. it will shoot all day on HPA even when pointed at the ground, now screw a co2 tank in and point it down, you will maybe get a few shots off before the relief valve starts venting and it stops shooting.

if you want a more permanant fix than just waiting have your local shop install a anti-siphon tube in your co2 tank (about $20) it will really help to make sure liquid co2 does not get to the relief valve
Well I think that your test is going to work perfectly becasue HPA doesn't freeze the solenoid, only CO2 does (according to the tech). So of course it will run all day with HPA and begin to cause trouble with CO2. I'm not sure the poster proves anything by doing that.

These symptoms were exactly mine and the tech diagnosed the faulty solenoid immediately. I believe the relief valve is sounds like it is functioning normally.

Anyhow, a call to Smart Parts will provide the best advice, I suspect. Good luck.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
the marker will stop firing when the relief valve is opened and if it is functioning normally CO2 should not be getting past it, if CO2 was getting past your valve then the tech that worked on your marker is a moron because he failed to figure that out. if it was just a broken noid then that could happen co2 or HPA it doesnt matter, but in order for liquid CO2 to get up to your noid and break it means you have another issue as well. If your tech said co2 is was caused it and your valve is working normally i would stop bringing markers to him, he clearly doesnt know what he is doing

pointing the marker at the ground and firing with co2 is an easy way to see that the valve is functioning normally, within a few shots liquid co2 will be to the valve and the marker should stop firing, now point it back up in the air and fire away, if it never stops then this is just a relief valve issue, if it does stop it is something else

·
Registered
9 Posts
I guess the Smart Parts tech is a moron then. He diagnosed the problem immediately on the phone, pointed to the fact that this was a known issue with numerous SP-1 markers, received the gun and replaced exactly the part that he said was the issue and that issue has gone away. To be honest, I'm not sure the tech I spoke to was the same tech that fixed it, but when the manufacturer sent the marker back to me, they listed the repair as identical to the diagnosed problem.

I like those types of morons, I suppose.

Anyhow, no sense arguing about it. Smart Parts fixed the problem for me and I hope they will do the same for the original poster. All will be well in the world.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts