Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know any tips or exercises to increase the speed of my guitar playing? I wanna play fast solos and stuff like Zakk Wylde, Eddie Van Hallen, Kirk Hammet, stuff like that.

·
Registered
905 Posts
3 words. practice, practice, practice.

the easiest excercise to build speed and dexterity it just the chromatic scale up and down the the neck over, and over, and over, and over, and over again, and again, and again, and again. then try variations on that scale such as skipping strings, playing each note twice, ect.

of course it is a must to know scales and modes in order to improvise. www.cyberfret.com is a good site for beginner music theroy.

·
don't drop the soap
3,896 Posts
First off make sure you're holding the pick in the proper position to solo, for me the hardest part is using right hand actually. Hitting the strings with my left fingres is the easy part, it's getting the right strings fast enough with the pick that kills me every now and then.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
i suck w/ using a pick, so no picks for me! practice man. build up finger muscles and dexterity. the way you do that is to practice.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Eh my situation is weird. When I strum up and down on the certain string I'm suppose to play on, I don't hit it at the same time my finger is there. Also, I can't play good with my pinky or ring finger. Thanks for the tips. I found some good ones on ultimate-guitar.com that I'll start trying now.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
practicepracticepracticepracticepractice....it's all you can do to get good at something like this. Learn penatonic scales, chord progressions, and a little guitar theroy wouldn't hurt either. www.mxtabs.net has some good forums and experienced people to help you.

·
Registered
360 Posts
being able to play with your pinky takes practice but after a while it will feel normal to play with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts