Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Speed

1K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Tomba 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm probably gonna go play at my local course this weekend. It will be my first on a 'real' inflatable speedball course. So I'm wondering, since most speedball players will have automatic guns, when I get shot, will I probably get hit with a chain and get hit 15 times?

#4 ·
while they do shoot at a rate of 15bps normally players will stop shooting after they see a hit. By the time they stop 3/4 balls might be in the air though, so they may hit you.

#7 ·
LordBronz said:
Yea, I heard from this chicks little brother, that supposedly when your out, they keep shooting you and the refs don't do anything... yea...
it's bonus balling. And it's something they do to intimidate you. However, if you play fair, dont wipe (not saying you do either) their reasons to bonus ball you are few. And if they do, go right ahead and fire a few back at them. Let them know you aren't intimidated.

but you will be playing rec ball right? So don't expect any bonus balling. There are some kinda understood rules when playing with rec guys.

#9 ·
Yea...when i first started a few years ago i got hit and was walking off and some jack ass's thought it would be funny to shoot the noob point blank in the ass while walking off ( bonus ball ) so i turned around and shot him back then got off the field :) dont be intimidated ...oh and dont brag about shooting somone or dont talk about " MAN I WAS SO CLOSE TO SHOOTING HIM " just keep your mouth shut about that stuff and play...you will win respect that way considering most noobies come and talk ALOT..its annoying..and they will shoot you overly if you do so just keep cool and play youshouldnt have anything to worry about if they are shooting " auto " ( most likely ramp because most fields dont allow auto) then you might get hit a couple more times ( 3-5 ) but no big deal unless your getting bunkered then you might get hit a couple more times but since your new it probably wont happen...Have Fun man GOod Luck

#10 ·
As said above. You may get hit 3-6 times. Much more than that and somebody's being a jerk. Now, you also have to do your part and get your hand up as SOON as you think you are out. Last weekend in a game, I caught one in the thumb. I was standing up to call myself out, but didn't raise my hand. (I don't know, I was just spacing out) Anyway, I got hit maybe 3 more times. The guy comes over after the game and apologizes for the bonus balls, and I told him it was my fault for not calling out sooner.
In another game, they told me I shot a guy 6 times. I knew I had got him at least 3 because I started shooting and didn't quit till I saw a good break. That's the game. So use judgement before you accuse someone of bonus balling and be ready to admit when you do it.

#11 ·
Whats better to do instead of raising your hand when you get it is raising your gun up by the tank so that EVERYONE can see that you are out wait a couple seconds until you hear no paintballs coming near you then crouch down and walk REAL low off the field...you still might get hit a couple more times but chances are slim..you can also ask a ref to come over and " paint check " and when he's there and he see's the paint he will say player eliminated and you can stand up and you will def. not get hit if your standing behind the ref :-D..lol might piss the ref off if you use him as a shield tho haha

#15 ·
It's actually called overshooting when you get shot excessive times after you thought you called yourself out but the other guy doesn't know or has 5 balls incoming on you. Bonus balling is intentionally shooting someone that you know has called themselves out. Difference is intent. You better be very careful if you like to bonus ball.

#18 ·
usualy u can see the balls coming and should be able to snap into your bunker, and once u get hit snap back in say your hit hold you gun up and walk off the field, chances are if more people are in you will walk behind some one who is getting shot at and more than likly you'll get hit but if your afraid dont go, you'll be to worried to get hit than to play at your full potential, just deal with it the more you get hit the less it hurts

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.