• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Speed ball owns. woods ball is meant for airsoft...just too much anti-realism with paintball, and now that ppl can shoot 35bps...all they do is mow, no tactics in it.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I like both, but i play woodsball more because the closest field is an hour away. And with woodsball i spend less money on paint. I buy 1000 paintballs and use about 600.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I play both, I am fortunate that my local field has both speedball and woodsball fields, when i began playing not too long ago I was attached to woodsball but as I progressed I was slowly drawn towards the fast paced action of speedball... right now im neutral and kind of hope it stays that way

·
Registered
159 Posts
Alpha said:
Paintball. I enjoy the sport either way. I like paintball. That means speed, air, hyper, woods, scenario, milsim.
i gotta agree, paintball is paintball!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Ryan_Page said:
man, this is gonna start a spdbl v wdsbl war again, i play both,
Unfortunetly, by law, we are required to have AT LEAST 1 speedball vs woodsball thread a week.
Sorry, its not my rules.

Personally, I've played both, and will always prefer woodsball, but I like both. Woodsball IMO is much more complicated, and requires greater skill to master. But speedball is, with out a doubt, faster. If you perfer adrenalin over strategy, then speedball would probobly be better.

I biased though. I started well before speedball ever existed. All tournaments were in the woods, and speedball was considered a joke when it first came out. But, paint-sponsors realized they could make more money with speedball, and field operators realized they are cheaper to operate.

REGARDLESS of which is better, I think the fact that we have 2 very different styles of paintball to be one of our best attributes. My local field has both a great woodsball field and a good speedball course. I'll spend the day at the woodsball field, then finish with the speedball course (generally when I'm tired of walking).

The main problem with the woods/speed debate is many players have NOT played both, so they make ignorant assumptions like "woodsball is just for newbies", or "speedball is just for cheaters"... etc.. neither states are true.

Nick

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.