Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got myself one of those new Speedfeeds a couple days ago. So, I decided to do a little review on it.

The Speedfeed was $18.95 plus shipping from the manufacturer. Total it was $24.90 and it got to me in 2 days. Not bad.

As soon as I got the Speedfeed, I installed it onto one of my Halos. Since the Halo didn't have a lid on it, installation was simple, and took me 3 seconds or so. If you are putting the Speedfeed onto a Halo with a lid installed, installation will take a little longer, but it is still easy. Simply split your Halo halves, remove the lid/pin/spring, and put the halves back together. The the Speedfeed snaps onto the collar of your Halo.

To remove the Speedfeed, simply lift up on the little tab on the back side of it. It's a little hard to get off if you have big hands, like myself, so I just wedged a screwdriver under it and lifted. Simple.

When I was finally able to put some paint through it, I noticed that the fingers were a little stiff. So after I put the paint back into the pod I had it in, I just used my fingers to play around with the Speedfeed's fingers to loosen them up a little.

After messing with them for a bit, I started putting more paint through it. After about 8 more pods, the fingers seemed really loose and the paint just went straight threw it.

If you are worried about paint coming out of the Speedfeed, don't be. I turned my Halo upside down and shook it for a good minute or so, and only lost 1 ball.

The Speedfeed is a great product for the price. It cuts down your reloading time by a few seconds, and makes it easier to reload and shoot. Installation is simple. If you have the cash, pick one up.

Speedfeeds fit Halo, Reloader Bs, Suicide Halos, Revvys, and Ricos.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I got one, but I only used it for a day. I'm a frontman though, so I have to worry about dirt getting into my hopper. I wound up trading it to somebody for a set of freak inserts. I just bought another one to sell to someone else. If I was a backman, I'd love it. I was pretty impressed by it, but its just not for me.

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
splatwithhonor3 said:
I got one, but I only used it for a day. I'm a frontman though, so I have to worry about dirt getting into my hopper. I wound up trading it to somebody for a set of freak inserts. I just bought another one to sell to someone else. If I was a backman, I'd love it. I was pretty impressed by it, but its just not for me.

Barely any dirt gets in if you are playing correctly. If you are getting a lot of dirt in your hopper, you need to learn how to play.

I've never been shot on the top of my hopper. That's quite an unlikely situation. Even if you do get shot, it only takes a few seconds to clean out a halo.

·
Woohoo
2,350 Posts
Barber said:
I've never been shot on the top of my hopper. That's quite an unlikely situation. Even if you do get shot, it only takes a few seconds to clean out a halo.
Yeah, it would be very unlikely to happen, but I've talked to people at my local field that say if they saw that when bunkering, that they would aim for that. And I dunno if this holds true with most players or what, but I thought it was pretty messed up.

By a few seconds, how long are we talking? Because based on my memory, it takes a little while to do clean it because you would have a lot of busted balls in the hopper.

Don't get me wrong now, I think it's a great idea, and that a lot of them will start showing up on fields all over the place, but there are worst case scenarios, just as there are with hopper lids, but either way it's a small chance of anything like that ever happening so there's really nothing to worry about.

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sittin_duk said:
Yeah, it would be very unlikely to happen, but I've talked to people at my local field that say if they saw that when bunkering, that they would aim for that. And I dunno if this holds true with most players or what, but I thought it was pretty messed up.

By a few seconds, how long are we talking? Because based on my memory, it takes a little while to do clean it because you would have a lot of busted balls in the hopper.

Don't get me wrong now, I think it's a great idea, and that a lot of them will start showing up on fields all over the place, but there are worst case scenarios, just as there are with hopper lids, but either way it's a small chance of anything like that ever happening so there's really nothing to worry about.
I have never really aimed for anything when bunkering someone. I just shoot them 5 times and keep running.

Cleaning a halo is fairly easy. Just pop off the Speedfeed, pour the paint out, and use a swab to clean out the paint. After you get home you can worry about a thorough cleaning.

·
shine on.
10,745 Posts
In Chicago, a couple guys got them, threw them on, and played. One guy got shot reloading in his hopper... I laughed and said, "Well, that'll teach you to keep your gun up..."

Hmm yeah.

Speedfeeds pretty much rock.

I was told that when you're not using it, you should take the fingers and put them on on the outside edge of the speedfeed, rather than in the hopper like when playing. Lasts longer? I don't know...

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
watch the video in that add, Itll pop up with two to watch when its done.. Watch the idiot empty the paint all over his lap using one wrong HAHAHAHAHAHA

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Barber said:
Barely any dirt gets in if you are playing correctly. If you are getting a lot of dirt in your hopper, you need to learn how to play.

You havn't seen the field I play at right now. Its all dirt, and it hasn't rained in two months, so its crazy dry dirt. Any time you hit the ground (ie diving into the snake) you get a dust storm bad enough that you can't see to shoot for a few seconds. It's nasty. Oh well, soon I'll be in SA on two beautiful grass fields.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
we just got a big shipment of them in at our store and they really sold fast...everyone that has a halo/reloader b on our team has one...but for the ones of us using vlocitys we are S.O.L.....

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Barber said:
I've played on fields like that. A little dust getting into your Halo won't kill you.
yeah, I know, just a minor thing that bugs me. I picked up one of the ghetto (built by crack driven monkeys) speed feeds on ebay, I'll let you guys know how it works when it gets here. OH, and with the regular one, paint will fall out when you lay your gun down. Maybe mine wasn't broken in yet, but I lost half a dozen balls everytime I set my gun on its side.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts