Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
The Assault Sharpshooter
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know it varies state to state and a little from county to county. But any idea how much 20 over the limit costs in michigan?

·
PBF's oldest newb
1,618 Posts
i'd bet about 150 with another maybe 50 dollar processing fee. for me it was grand total of 155 for my 15 over, but that's in NY, so who knows.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
It depends on if you were in a doubled fine zone or construction zone, but for Michigan you get atleast four points for 16+ mph over. A point is usually $500-$1,000 extra on your insurance, so figure on paying another $2,000 to $4,000 more than you are for insurance for another two years. Add on top of that a possible fine.

Now if you get a Reckless driving (worst case scenario), that is six points, which is pretty much a loss of your license.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
in iowa there was no point system and the fines were all pretty meager. that would have been like a 42-82 dollar ticket. In alaska they work off the point system and give you a ticket for looking at them wrong.

expect it to cost you. do the crime pay the time. see if you can get it moved to a nonmoving violation by any means possible a fine some community service. as long as it doesn't effect you insurance and points on the license who cares. plus community service is nifty.

·
PbF Administrator
3,361 Posts
I got a ticket for 22 over. I think it costed me 110 bucks. I think it put 4 points on my license but I was lucky and my insurance didn't go up at all... untill I had my wreck about a year later but it only went up 20 bucks a month so it wasn't to bad.

·
hotty supreme
2,265 Posts
people are bad drivers.. my friend drove straight through 2 red lights on prom night. and not of those occasions where it turns red as you go through it, but he was about 100 feet away when it turned red and just didnt see there was a light up ahead... later that night he pulled up to it, looked both ways and then drove straight through. said he was only used to stop signs.. :sly:

·
Registered
325 Posts
my dad is a prosecuting attorney here, so I know all the cops. My dad and I were outside of town driving my dad's 1970 gmc pickup and we wanted to see how fast it would go, we got it up to about 125 mph when a cop pulled us over, and when he saw my dad in the passenger seat, he let me go and just said be careful! lol i didn't even get a warning! Sometimes it pays to be nice to the cops and treat 'em like human beings :D thumup:

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
hmm why were you wondering about this? i have never gotten a ticket so i dont know how the whole deal goes...do they pull you over, give you some sort of temporary ticket until they figure out how much to actually fine you or whatever and then send it to ya?

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
flowbob said:
hmm why were you wondering about this? i have never gotten a ticket so i dont know how the whole deal goes...do they pull you over, give you some sort of temporary ticket until they figure out how much to actually fine you or whatever and then send it to ya?

Tickets for more major offenses (like the 20mph over mentioned before) are usually a summons to court. You have to go to court where a judge will decide your sentencing (Which can be a real PITA if you're not from the area). For simple parking tickets and such you can sometimes call a number on the ticket a few days later where it will tell you your fine and how to send it in.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
ill have to remember that...my friend and me are driving from western georgia to western washington this summer (im moving back home) ill remember not to speed too much

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
Fine/Cost Schedule according to the 36th District Court website.. ( http://www.36thdistrictcourt.org/traffic-fines.html )
FINES ARE DOUBLE IN CONSTRUCTION ZONE

ACCIDENT Within 21 Days After 21 Days
Regardless of Offense (except careless driving, brakes, defective steering and speeding) $171.00 $211.00

SPEEDING
1-5 OVER LIMIT $116.00 $156.00
6-10 OVER LIMIT $126.00 $166.00
11-15 OVER LIMIT $141.00 $181.00
16-20 OVER LIMIT $161.00 $201.00
21-30 OVER LIMIT $171.00 $211.00
31 + OVER LIMIT $186.00 $226.00

·
The Assault Sharpshooter
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i called the number on the ticket, and it costed me 125 dollars. The insurance company said the first ticket is free, because of my good driving record..well previous. lol soo cool...and holy crap medic, boy am i glad i dont live in detroit. lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts