Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
PbF Administrator
3,361 Posts
onesikpup said:
thats cheap for how much you were going over (edit- austin).....i got one a couple weeks ago 67 in a 55 @ $167. usually anything 20+ over gives the cop the option to take you to jail.
The ticket is only like 110 dollars but I am paying an extra 30 to get it deferred or something so It will not be put on my record and it will not raise my insurance. I just cant get another ticket for 6 months or they both will count against me.

·
Cunning Linguist
2,273 Posts
Last Wednesday I drove 450 km in 3.25 hours, that's averaging about 140 in a 110, without getting a ticket, but I got a ticket for driving 100 in a 90 a couple of years ago. $80 Canadian. Do the conversions yourselves: 1 mile = about 1.6 km. US 1$ = about Can $1.3

·
Registered
873 Posts
It's not the ticket fine you have to worry about, it's the insurance hike, (unless your folks are still paying for your insurance). I got a ticket a couple of years ago and it ended up costing me over $2k over a couple years in insurance increases.

·
PbF Administrator
3,361 Posts
Javaman said:
It's not the ticket fine you have to worry about, it's the insurance hike, (unless your folks are still paying for your insurance). I got a ticket a couple of years ago and it ended up costing me over $2k over a couple years in insurance increases.
Thats why I am getting it deferred so it doesnt go on my record and raise my insurance.

·
Rubbish!
797 Posts
I got one minor ticket when I was 16. 38 in a 30, cost about $90 or so. Evidently it was enough to slow me down, because I haven't had one since.

My grandfather got a ticket for $430 three years ago for driving 30 mph. Not 30 over the limit, 30 mph TOTAL. It was a school zone (20 mph), and they were also doing construction in the area (which gives the officer the option to double the ticket cost). The cop pulled him over right at the exact moment the school zone limits came into effect, as opposed to the usual 30 mph speed limit. I know he was technically speeding (unwittingly, he claims), but the officer could have given him some breaks. Minimum ticket cost was something like $70 if he gave him every possible break, but still wanted to issue a citation. What a great way to treat an 80-year-old WWII vet. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
148 Posts
the fastest i have gone is 100 in a 40, i would have gone faster but my truck has a govener that cuts off at 100.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
2ffu said:
i got a warning for wreckless. sucking up/being polite= no ticket
just hope that you don't get pulled over bu the same guy again, cuz then you're screwed.

yeah allstar, those are the kinds of cops that give all of the other cops a bad name. here, school zones are 25mph tho

·
Registered
172 Posts
Highway State troopers are worse...a city police officer told me they have to issue 10 citations per day at a minimum. The upside is that they are predictable for the most part, the only time they can sneak up on you is at night, where you can only see the profile of the cars behind you but not their paint scheme.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts