Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else boticed in the news, that people are bashing these energy drinks? not only that, but some news reports bash other energy drinks as well. Now, i do this thing called "forming my own oppinions" and don't need to believe in everything the news says. Cocaine gets killed for its name, and then they bash it about other **** that is in it. C-FOUR gets bashed because its made from the same company Cocaine is made from. And spike is shot down because it is so strong...YOU CANT EVEN BUY IT UNLESS YOUR 18, listen to the warnings on the drink...dont go by what some CNN idiot says. What do the rest of you think? I think there is just way too much Gov't in everything.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
the last thing we needs is kids dying from drinking too much of this stuff. There's a reason it's regulated, this stuff can actually kill you.

another concern I can see if the relation to drug names. It's not a huge deal, but why would a company name it's products like that?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
maybe if you drink too much of it, read the can and follow wj=hat it says, alot of them are not meant for kids at all. The parents should keep a look out and the kids shouldnt be so dumb to disobey the cans. Anything could really kill you if Abused. Spike is made for guys who workout and the others are just strong with warning labels, spike's is almost half the can.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
but the kids don't care about the warning labels. Teens go for broke on stuff like that and that makes them especially dangerous. Even you admit they're not intended for kids, why then are you upset that there's an age limit to buy them?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no no, its the fact that the gov't wants to try and perm BAN them. sry if i didnt mention that, i am all for age limit, just not a perm ban because of some kids who didnt belive in what the can or bottle read.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
it's all about regulating out stupidity. Frankly, if their product is killing people, I don't disagree with it being banned either. I's like giving a gangster a loaded guna nd telling them not to use it.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's like the same issue with alcohol and cigs, there SHOULD be an age limit, and making stores check for ID for them, some stores alread are starting to do that around my area. I think that would be fine, but permanently bannig them means that we should also do away with alcohol and cigs which are bigger and more potent issues. Kids drink alcohol too and thats an even bigger problem. If you ban energy drinks, ban those drugs too.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I figured out all of them just by their join date, and what threads they were posting in, also what they said in posts.

·
Registered
920 Posts
The problem is that some people have some very adverse affects from these. I drank a monster last night, along with a few pepsi's, and I felt liek **** all day, on the verge of puking. Now from what i've heard a monster is pretty tame compared cocaine. yes I have a few stomach problems, but nothing to serious. The problem is that most people dont expect them to be that strong. I'm not saying the government should ban them or anything, but they should definately have more of a warning on them. I can tell you I wont be having any monster or anything of that sort int eh near future.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
The problem is that some people have some very adverse affects from these. I drank a monster last night, along with a few pepsi's, and I felt liek **** all day, on the verge of puking. Now from what i've heard a monster is pretty tame compared cocaine. yes I have a few stomach problems, but nothing to serious. The problem is that most people dont expect them to be that strong. I'm not saying the government should ban them or anything, but they should definately have more of a warning on them. I can tell you I wont be having any monster or anything of that sort int eh near future.
I was thinking about this at work today. i believe there to be adverse effects that we don't know of yet. Look at cigarettes and the history of them.

Threadstarter: That's because you don't know who the orgional #2 is.

·
<3 I love fat chicks <3
5,188 Posts
Personally, I believe that part of our freedom is regulating ourselves what we put in our own body as long as it does not affect anyone's freedom around you, no matter what it does to you.

You wanna drink and smoke and **** up your own life, go ahead, just don't bother me. I'll be over here drinking an energy drink, which is apparently worse.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts