Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
they probably would have killed the rotor had they been cheaper.
THIS.
You want to make a competitor to the Rotor? Price it lower. I have no idea what virtue was thinking when they priced this. I would pick up one of them if it was cheaper, but I'm not paying $200 to end up with a backup hopper to my rotor that I paid $100 for.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
The only way it wouldn't is if it held more paint than a rotor. I've got the newest KM speed feed on my rotor and very rarely spill paint.

the new virtue speed feed costs ANOTHER $45, but it's definitely the best thing on the market.

·
Administrator
14,012 Posts
ya i havnt been super impressed with them, not for that price anyway

a few less parts for more money and worse battery life than a rotor

all for a supposedly better feeding of small paint which i have never even had an issue with and have shot some incredibly small stuff over the last year?

virtue has not impressed me at all, that pathetic excuse for a "torture test" that they did was a sorry excuse for marketing and the worse part is people bought it

i may eventually look at a used one as a backup but honestly I feel more of a pull towards the prophecy

·
Redneck Paintball
709 Posts
The thing rips i would definiatly own one if my pinokio went down or ever seemed to crack. They never jam, hold more than a rotor, strong as a rotor body wise, have a decent battery life and the sit amazingly low.
I would get one but i dont see a point of getting a new hopper since there is no point in replacing something that works perfectly fine

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
Like I said, that's how they market it. I'd guess it was probably about the same as the Rotor. I have no desire to find out personally. I'm quite happy with my Pinokio and my uuuuuber high capacity Z2 (proph v1 high cap shells so it holds nearly 300).

·
Administrator
14,012 Posts
strong as a rotor body wise
says who? because the only ones I am aware of that say this is virtue and the only proof they have is that piss poor thing they call a "torture test" whos only factor that can be seen as "torture" is the shotgun with bird shot but lets be honest about that, Dick Cheney shot a 78 year old (if the face by some stories) with bird shot and he survived just fine

if you ask me this thing has not been actually tested for its strength

·
Registered
43 Posts
So I think I'm going to get a spire. Same price as a rotor besides the older styles. Just seems like everyone has a rotor so why not have a spire?

D

·
0 Posts
The only issue I have with the "how many does it hold" tests - is that ...realistically.. there's only 1 moment in an airball game you can truly use the capacity of the hopper as such... and that's the first 1/4 second after the first buzzer.

Beyond that - the only number that matters to me is if we can fit a full pod (140-160) in ...knowing you're low on paint...with the marker shouldered.

Outside of not liking stupidly small paint - my biggest complaint about my rotor is that its shape doesn't "push" paint to the front of the hopper. With a "slam" style reload - I MIGHT lose 10 balls. Using a "end-over" pod flip thingie seen in some of the pro videos... I'll be lucky to get 100 rounds to load into the hopper. On my Halo Too/B... the pods were able to fully empty.

If the Spire is able to contain a full 140 on a reload... I may be talked into making the switch.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
The only issue I have with the "how many does it hold" tests - is that ...realistically.. there's only 1 moment in an airball game you can truly use the capacity of the hopper as such... and that's the first 1/4 second after the first buzzer.

Beyond that - the only number that matters to me is if we can fit a full pod (140-160) in ...knowing you're low on paint...with the marker shouldered.

Outside of not liking stupidly small paint - my biggest complaint about my rotor is that its shape doesn't "push" paint to the front of the hopper. With a "slam" style reload - I MIGHT lose 10 balls. Using a "end-over" pod flip thingie seen in some of the pro videos... I'll be lucky to get 100 rounds to load into the hopper. On my Halo Too/B... the pods were able to fully empty.

If the Spire is able to contain a full 140 on a reload... I may be talked into making the switch.
you've got the right idea. the rotor is troublesome when it comes to this issue, sadly :(

I've used the spire with the new spring loaded feed paddles, and I can say they fixed the issue that the rotor has when it comes to reloading pods. If it wasn't so expensive, I would own one. Hopefully they'll drop in price on the used market. I know for a while rotors were all $100 used (before they raised the price on them)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts