Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to vans skatepark today. im not eactly a vert type of guy, much more street skater than vert. well i wanted to try it. i go to the top of the halfpipe and look down. damn. im freaked. but whenever i get freaked i have a habit of doin the thing that freaked me out. so anyway i set up my board, put both feet on, and dropped in. i went down, down, and kept going till my eye was bleeding on the wood and my leg was pretty wrecked and my arm was cut and i was pretty shakin. i got up and walked over to the black foam padding and **** and layed donw for like 10 minutes in a complete daze not realizing i was hurt at all. then i realized my leg and arm felt like they were broken(they arent, just felt that way). but now it kills. it didnt affect my skating tho. i was still ollieing stairs and doin grinds and all that **** but crap! the halfpipe hurts.

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
i remember when i used to bmx and i tryed a to go vert, needless to say, i never did it again and just stuck to dirt

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
same
but only cuz im not good at it:)
i have actually always wanted to go up in the air like vert skaters cuz they do get a lot of air and it definately looks pretty fun.
Plus i like street better cuz you can do it basically anywhere. even in the dirt if its hard enough(rodney mullen i heard did that)

·
Just Chillin'
5,062 Posts
Rodney Mullen is a FREAK when it comes to boarding street!!! I can't beleaive some of the things he does on a board, and how can they even say that Tony Hawk is the best skater there is?!?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
hey guys guys, vert skaters arent sellouts... TONY HAWK is a sellout:D ;)

Daewon song is really good too. He doesnt do the street tricks like rodney mullen but he is one of thje best in style. no one grinds like him. he could probly 50-50 a 30 foot pole in like 3 seconds. its crazy. thats the thing about him. he can do anything and everything fast, with style, AND still do a lot of awesome stuff. rodney mullen grew up on probly his back pateo so he didnt have much room so he would do those street tricks where he doesnt have to move like you guys like to see.

·
Just Chillin'
5,062 Posts
Favorite skaters...

Vert - Bob Burnquist (#1)
Street - Rodney Mullen

I was at the X Games in Philly when he got the highest score in vert, remember that? It was awsome. And my friend got some things signed by Bob too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts