Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love doing track. Best part of my life. I couldn't believe that working yourself to exhaustion could be so rewarding. I've lost 5 pounds since just starting track...Not that I was fat, but the coaches work hard on abs and stuff, where my fat mostly is, so thats cool. Also, I feel great after practice every day. I've been sitting here for the past hour just wanting to practice, but sadly, it's dark, I have no weight to weightlift with, so I just did some situps and pushups. All of you not involved with a sport, you should think about picking one up, they're pretty freakin' sweet.

That and the fact I feel special because I have a sweet jacket that says Astros on it while everyone else cries at how they can never be as amazing as I am.

·
Banged
5,579 Posts
Running track as a freshman was the worst experiance of my highschool life.

Our meets were over 7 hours long on average, and I ran the first and the last events.

That ment I wasnt aloud to eat/drink anything other than water or a bannana the entire time while my friends would run thier events, then eat hotdogs adn stuff in front of me.

I bought a soda and a hotdog at our first even and my couch literally dove across the bleachers to knock them out of my hands like they were some sort of live ordinance about to blow me up.

And did i mention, running around a track 16 times is pretty damn boring.

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
i love track (well, field if you wanna get technical) I do throwing stuff, IE: discus and shotput (i can also run a 12.3 second 100 but i hate throwing all my leg energy out before throwing, which involves otns of leg)

currently my best shot throw is 40'6" and my best discus throw is 110'. im under the direction of a former all american who had to stop his olympic decathalon run becuase of an injury, so i should be doing pretty damn good by the end of the season

what events do you do, and are you going to the state meet in may? (weasel)

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
i run regularly after school just for excersise, and i would probably do well in track, but its just not my type of sport and it requires a lot of committment

2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Spudchucker said:
i love track (well, field if you wanna get technical) I do throwing stuff, IE: discus and shotput (i can also run a 12.3 second 100 but i hate throwing all my leg energy out before throwing, which involves otns of leg)

currently my best shot throw is 40'6" and my best discus throw is 110'. im under the direction of a former all american who had to stop his olympic decathalon run becuase of an injury, so i should be doing pretty damn good by the end of the season

what events do you do, and are you going to the state meet in may?
I always wanted to be a weight-man, but then i realized that I was only 5' 6".

this is my first year at track, never did it as a freshamn, so i'm just testing things out, and am never the first pick for anything since I'm not the best at anything. As for events, I'm thinking my coach would probably put me on 200m. I'm not an explosive runner for 100m, and 400m just sucks, but I kinda balance at 200m so i'll probably do that, and maybe Long jump, no measurements for practice, but Im on par with a lot of the jumpers.

I'm also somewhat dissapointed I didn't try out for polevault. I have a good set of upper body strength proportional to my weight, So i'm thinking im going to train over the summer and try for polevault next year.

Finally, unless some miracle makes me amazing, I doubt i'll do an event at the state meet, but i'm pretty sure coach will encourage us to go and watch.

Two questions for you, what's your high schools name, and did you go to the Haverhill meet?

·
0ld Sk00l
3,773 Posts
i play football. I was gonna do track, but instead i do Spring football and after school weight lifting.

I also do paintball.

and i play some rudby and **** w/ my buddys when we are just chillin. And sometimes basketball.... even though i suck

--Jared

2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm messed up at basketball. when we played it in PE, for 3 days you could blindfold me and I could practically nail a shot randomy from the 3-point line in, it was crazy. Then all of a sudden on the 4th and 5th days, I got so bad that my team stopped passing me the ball :(

·
hotty supreme
2,265 Posts
sports indeed rule. year round soccer is awesome. ncp in spring, conditioning/practice all summer, high school in the fall, and indoor in the winter. great stuff.

but next year we have a new coach. our old coach was old and didnt exactly have us run, or scrimmage. just kinda stood there and passes a ball around.(probably why we went like 2 15 and 3 or something). o well, the new coach doesnt have a problem running 10 miles a day, so now im in track getting prepped for that.

nothing like a good 4 mile run to clear your mind :)

·
Registered
364 Posts
At the moment I wrestle, but next year the track coach wants me to join for some reason.(I'm a bit big to go out for track, 5' 7" 147lb)

On the side I do some boxing. Nothing major, just some small matches to release some pent-up anger/tension/stress.

I also cycle. Do some road riding and some urban stuff. Haven't been out riding for awhile since the police at UCSD confiscated my DJ bike. Supposed to get it back this saturday.

·
HRD
2,925 Posts
I play football and have been asked to play basketball but dont really have an interest in it so dont try at it. In PE I just stand at the 3point line and yell "throw me the rock Im feelin it this time"...........

needless to say Im never really "feeling it"

·
don't drop the soap
3,896 Posts
I'm a pretty devoted track and cross country athlete. I'm running at college right now, I do long distance and middle distance. I'm doing ok despite lots of injuries and diseases. I can't think of any sport other than wrestling where you have to try as hard for so long.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
bunkertime said:
i play football. I was gonna do track, but instead i do Spring football and after school weight lifting.

I also do paintball.

and i play some rudby and **** w/ my buddys when we are just chillin. And sometimes basketball.... even though i suck

--Jared
and paintball would be?????? wat?

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
CrazyWeasel said:
I always wanted to be a weight-man, but then i realized that I was only 5' 6".

this is my first year at track, never did it as a freshamn, so i'm just testing things out, and am never the first pick for anything since I'm not the best at anything. As for events, I'm thinking my coach would probably put me on 200m. I'm not an explosive runner for 100m, and 400m just sucks, but I kinda balance at 200m so i'll probably do that, and maybe Long jump, no measurements for practice, but Im on par with a lot of the jumpers.

I'm also somewhat dissapointed I didn't try out for polevault. I have a good set of upper body strength proportional to my weight, So i'm thinking im going to train over the summer and try for polevault next year.

Finally, unless some miracle makes me amazing, I doubt i'll do an event at the state meet, but i'm pretty sure coach will encourage us to go and watch.

Two questions for you, what's your high schools name, and did you go to the Haverhill meet?
i dont think i went to the haverhill meet, cause were prolly a way different class than your massive school, but the whole state comes to our state meet, so we should both be in on it. my school is laconia, and whether or not i make the meet requirements, ima definitely be there supporting our world class runners (our running teams are hella good this year) and our 160 foot javelin thrower

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
From 8th grade through HS I played football- I wish they had like local football leagues you could do as an adult, you know just for fun. I really liked that. Now I just run, to try to keep from getting too fat and lift weights (although I stopped for a bit after banging myself up in a motorcycle crash and am just getting back to it).

1 - 20 of 32 Posts