Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently bought a spring kit for my E99 avant and the kit comes with 3 kinds of springs. A light spring, a medium spring, and a Heavy spring. I was wondering what all the advantages and disadvantages are of each type. Could someone reply back helping me

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,774 Posts
The different spring allow you to tweak your velocity. The lighter the spring the less velocity. If you are having problems with a low velocity, you use the heavier springs. If you are trying to moderate a high velocity you use a lighter spring. The medium spring is more or less a replacement for the stock spring.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also tried to put in a spring in the expansion chamber but the stock one seemed heavyer and more springy so i left it in if i want higher velocity and a heavyer spring should i just leave it or change it?

·
Registered
967 Posts
You should probably just leave it, feilds only allow a maximum of 300 FPS but i know lots that tone it down to 285 FPS. You dont want your gun shooting too hot.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Different springs are also a means to assist going to a lower pressure in the gun while still keeping a decent FPS. As the pressure lowers (Through regulation) you get less gas flow so it is necessary to use a stronger main spring to allow more air to flow to the barrel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts