Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Also seeking advise

I am also looking for some advice on this matter. I have consulted ottersccustoms for answers in the past, but it seems his site is down atm. I will describe my setup as best I can below and hope someone can give me a direction to start towards in reference to finding the right spring combo.I play mostly woods ball, so long range accuracy and a quiet shot are factors.

My gun is as follows :

Spyder TL
Mod Bolt - Venturi removed
Mod valve, bottomline and sanded sear pin ala Otter
Bob Long Cyclone reg w/Macroline kit
Custom trigger job of my own creation
Smart Parts progressive barrel

I am currently unsure as to my working PSI, but I will know in a week when my guage arrives. I have no chrono numbers for my gun as it has not been tested for over 3 months and i've been steadily upgrading.

I plan on getting the 32* spring kit which comes with 3 velocity springs and 3 valve springs.

Any advise would be appreciated to help me save some time experimenting to get the gun in peak shape ASAP. :smokin

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dude, please don't clutter my thread, now everyone's gunna answer your question before I got to put my setup down. I know it's your first post here (welcome) but some people get really bad when you take up their threads..useally they wait untill the question is fully answered then then take it over.

I still have the stock spring in there and I have the original expansion chamber that came with my gun. I was thinking medium/heavy spring would work?

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
um, you just put in different springs until you get the desired results. It all depends on your setup, we can't tell you..

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
hey, i think it's okay if he jacks ur thread. They are very similar and 1 answer will most likey work for the other. AND HE USED PROPER ENGLISH!! very rare on pbf.

yeah, i guess med/heavy will give u the right fps.

irondufus: for quietness u'll went to run a lower pressure. To do this u may need a heavier spring to get the right fps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts