Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

springs...

846 views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  CustomProDude 
#1 ·
just curious if there is one type of spring that will increase velocity dramaticaly....

if not then im just going to get a set of trinity springs.

#3 ·
cause i was only shooting at around 210 with my flatline.. which i feel is retarted somehow.. but the chrono at the field said i was only shooting 210, we adjusted the velocity screw are it didnt move one bit....

so i want new springs to pump the velocity up

#5 ·
Are you using CO2 or HPA?

#6 ·
this is what I THINK was wrong..

the remote that i was using had a bleeder valve, and it was leaking through the valve and i didnt know it untill later that day...but i chronod the gun with the remote on it not knowing it was leaking. and it was at 210, i dont know if that was the problem or what...

when i first bought the gun and used the regular barrel the velocity i think was around 285 - 270 .. this wasnt so long ago maybe a month and a half ago.

....but i use CO2.....

#7 ·
How cold was it that day?

#8 ·
had to be in the 50's - 60's i was wearing a sweatshirt

#10 ·
maybe the problem is with remotes w/bleeders?
I'm running a thick 32degrees, and regularly have to turn down my VA due to high chrono readings from my custom :D

One question,
When you open your valve on your remote, do you open it all the way? If you are, that's your problem.
I found that you ALWAYS need to back-off your remote valve 1/2-3/4 of a turn.
If you don't, the internal rod from your valve will be too far extended and interfear w/flow.

Some players just crack it open with out continuing until the valve stops...I tend to back it off after reaching the bottom.
Hope this helps,
manny

#11 ·
i hope it was the remote...a couple days after this incident happend , i took the remote apart and took the bleeder off. i used teflon tape, sealed it, and put it back together without the bleeder.

as for turning the valve down on the remote, i did that, and it wasnt the problem. i would turn it down a little and heard the co2 starting to escape through the bleeder.

if i cant shoot over 210 next time i got, im going to buy a nitro tank and a drop forward with a on/off.
http://www.anythingxtreme.com/Shocktech-Tippmann-A-5-Dovetail-DropOn-Off-ASA-P14436C4071.aspx

thats the one i was thinking about getting, if anybody has any suggestions let me know!
thanks!

#12 ·
It could've been the CO2 tank being so cold it lowered the velocity.

Then again, that's just a theory.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.