Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey is anyone on this forum into spud guns? tell me bout ur guns if u are.

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
ahhh spudguns, good ol spudguns. lets see here... i have a:

15 foot pneumatically actuated released exhaust valve cannon with an exit velocity of over 730 miles per hour,

10 foot combustion gun that is easily far louder than a 12 gauge,

8 foot combustion gun that is just as loud but higher pitched,

5 foot combustion gun that can actually be transported somewhere by car,

3 foot pneumatic penny roll shooter,

2.5 foot combustion hand gun,

and finally a pen sized pea shooter

i could take over a small country :D

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
are you being conservative with those numbers? my 5 footer easily puts out 150 yards on a normal shot, so as long as you made it to the typical dimensions of a potato gun im willing to bet the potato is going a lot farther than you think

my 15 footer shoots a little under a half mile if theres no wind and the potato is frozen (they vaporize if shot at full power unfrozen :D)

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
yes its the same, my uncle built one out of pvc and launched a potato way out of sight and across a field, no telling where it landed. He used some hairspray and carb. cleaner spray for propellant.

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
yea Potato Cannon, Potato Entertainment Device, Potato Gun, Potato Launcher, Potato Propeller, Novelty Potato Instrument, Spud Chucker, Spud Gun, Spud Launcher, Spud Shooter, Spudzooka, Starch Resource Deployment Facilitator, Tater Tosser... theyre all the same thing

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Dude... 730 Exit speed! Your close to the sound barrier bud. You should blow the hell outta a dryer some time :)

Spud, you should seriously get some vids up or some of those.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Naw. they're ok. Just make sure you follow the professional ones carefully. You should be ok.

I was shooting mine last summer and It went into the neighbors pool- (we have really big yards, so it was far.)

Then they came about not knowing what happened. We didn't shoot it for another 15-20 mins. Then the 3rd shot when we started again, it went right back into their pool :)

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
Xley said:
Dude... 730 Exit speed! Your close to the sound barrier bud. You should blow the hell outta a dryer some time :)

Spud, you should seriously get some vids up or some of those.
lol i have broken the sound barrier before. sonic booms are cool lets see... so far iver sent UNFROZEN potatoes through 1" plywood (leaves a 4 inch hole because the potatoes vaporize and go through like a shotgun) ive powderize a cinder block in one shot, and ive turned a bus stop sign into a 2 foot deep bowl in one shot. www.spudcannon.org has a very similar gun (mines more modern and efficient though) so check out the videos there if you want an idea of what mine does

i dont have vids but i do have pics of some of my older guns (sadly not my high tech supersonic one ) if someone wants to host em and resize em then i can put a few up

·
Registered
244 Posts
Spudchucker said:
ahhh spudguns, good ol spudguns. lets see here... i have a:

15 foot pneumatically actuated released exhaust valve cannon with an exit velocity of over 730 miles per hour,

10 foot combustion gun that is easily far louder than a 12 gauge,

8 foot combustion gun that is just as loud but higher pitched,

5 foot combustion gun that can actually be transported somewhere by car,

3 foot pneumatic penny roll shooter,

2.5 foot combustion hand gun,

and finally a pen sized pea shooter

i could take over a small country :D
You could take over France with that arsenal.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts