Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Retired, proud dad
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In past, I did a thread about spyder VS and MR series. With the new 50 caliber series, I had to do another thread :)

Opus
Comparable to the Sonix, the Opus is a mechanical semi-automatic marker. It have an aluminium body with a polymer trigger frame. It have an foregrip expansion chamber, and is supplied with a gravity hopper. The EKO valve help to get a better air efficiency. It also have a clamping collar feedneck, and a 10'' barrel . It is available in 3 colors : blue, grey and black.

Opus-A
It is the very same marker than the Opus. The Opus-A add an aluminium trigger frame. That is the only difference, the rest is all the same. It is available in 2 colors : green and black.

Advancer
Pick the Opus, and add a electronic trigger frame, and you got the Advancer. It is supplied with the new Leap2 board, made by tadao.It also have an adjustable inline regulator, and break-beam eyes as anti-chop system. Also, the trigger is saber-type, and have 3-points adjustment.

Stormer
This marker is comparable to the MR-1. It is a military style paintball marker, with a mechanical trigger. It got a 13,5'' barrel, and a shroud stock supplied with the marker.

I did not have the chance to test any of them, but if I test one, I'll write a review on it.

·
No. Boston balla
502 Posts
this deserves a sticky, IMO i think .50 cal is a waste of money.

·
Retired, proud dad
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know what will be the future for the .50 cal. I hope hte .68 cal will last as long as possible. We, as paintball player, can help .68 caliber : if we don't buy .50, it will just disapear. Now spread the word...

What you still here ? I said SPREAD THE WORD !!!! :p

·
ericdkillhound
139 Posts
what the heck, there is no such thing as the MR-4, unless you mean the E-MR1, which is just the regular MR1 with an e-grip which makes it a waste.

·
knows whats goin down.
2,615 Posts
No, I mean the MR4. I know what im talking about. Its pre-production. I also know what the E-MR1 is.

·
No. Boston balla
502 Posts

·
ericdkillhound
139 Posts
i didn't know they had released an actual name for that gun, and they also aren't advertising it on their site. but what i do know is the design for the MR4 is the same as the Stormer except the the wire stock instead of the CAR stock so what it looks like is they renamed it the Stormer and changed out the stock.

·
knows whats goin down.
2,615 Posts
Compare them:

The shrouds, grips, and little things here and there are different.
They are only alike in the fact that they are both Spyders, which are generally the ALL renamed this or that, and that they are both Milsim and alot of milsim guns look similar.
Its 100% Expected from my point of view. Thats how Spyder rolls. Kinda like "If it aint broke dont fix it"

·
knows whats goin down.
2,615 Posts
Now Spyder announced the MR4 to be a .68 version and admitted that the Stormer is the renamed product for the .50 cal line.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts