Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone tried this bolt out http://jambolts.com/spyder_bolts.htm
its an anti chop bolt...im wondering if this could at all similiar to level 10 bolt used for mags ive already bought it and will recive it soon, then ill tell u how it works ..but if anyone has any experince with it let me know how it does

·
Registered
140 Posts
From what others saids... It's pretty good bolt.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i find out soon enough

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah chopping paint is so much worse then breaking a ball in my barrel...but now i found the perfect paint to match my parrel i never get a ball break, so this bolt should ensure a day without frustration

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well it's guarrenteed not to pinch balls and is much more friction free cause most of its plastic

·
Registered
873 Posts
I wonder if it noticably increases blowback up the feed tube? Normally the striker is what is blown back by air split off by the valve, but with only a little pressure necessary to move the front half of the bolt back it might blow back earlier then usual, wasting lots of gas. Think of a bullet being fired without a breech to hold it.... both the bullet and shell will fly reducing the distance of the bullet. The PB is likely lighter then the bolt so the ratio won't be as bad as the bullet scenerio but I bet it noticably increases gas consumption. That said, even if it does blow back quicker and force more air into the feed tube I don't think this will be detrimental. By blowing back earlier it gives the balls a longer time to fall down into the breech, counteracting the extra blow-by and maybe even increasing the potential ROF. This is all theory of course.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts