Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
553 Posts
wow that looks so much different than my old electra. wtf is kingman thinking though, when are they going to put on some sort of vision system? last time i checked a gun shooting 30bps is probably going to chop w/o some eyes.

·
Registered
49 Posts
MSRP $329 when you can buy an Ion for $285 sounds like Kingman isn't quite in tune with the current pulse of Paintball.

·
Registered
29 Posts
EnergizerBunny said:
wow that looks so much different than my old electra. wtf is kingman thinking though, when are they going to put on some sort of vision system? last time i checked a gun shooting 30bps is probably going to chop w/o some eyes.
But it has an ACS bolt!! :rofl Agreed for 30bps you gotta have eyes.
Ross

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Wow, that is a sick looking spyder. But if the MSRP is $330, then its a no no

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
but the MSRP for the xtra is 125 on kingman.com....on xpainball they are 75. Same with all kingman guns, the price is over advertised. YOu may be able to get 10-20 bucks off an ion MSRP, but spyders usually sell for 20-50 bucks less.

and since when did an ion do 30bps?

·
Registered
258 Posts
^^^^^^
true, but the X-tra is an older Kingman product. I agree this spyder should come w/ eyes if it is close to $330 just to compete w/ the Ion.

also that is true the Ion cant hit 30bps.

so ya :)

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
i think taht will sell for like 250-300. No way it will be MSRP. Seeing lots of good stuff though. Metal feed, delrin bolt, reg, and a fast board. And the tourney lock, something the old electra lacks if i recall, and the rocking didn't have it either right?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Putting a Rockin' trigger on anything stock just seems like a marketing gig to suck money out of the pockets of unsuspecting parents. You are right,the Ion doesn't hit 30, but it hits 17 with eyes, and I honestly dont think anything without eyes will get past 20-22 without blender action.

The ion is causing a revolution. it's sold out EVERYWHERE. It may be hype, time will tell, but it seems like a real true innovation and a landmark event. This entry from Kingman just seems like it's a gimic.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
well it seems that noobies buy spyders and thus kingmann is attempting to screw them out. I'd never pay $330 for a spyder. But some poor kids will think "more money means better" and get screwed out big time.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Sweet looking marker. If the ACTUAL price comes to under $230 (fenix price I believe) which won't happen for a while, it might be worth it. I just don't think that kingman believes in eyes. I mean yeah, my acs bolt will not chop no matter what, but many people have had problems with theres chopping worse. Even I am considering replacing mine, because the blowback is killing my fps (won't get over 235 consistently unless my tank gets warm), and sending so much air up my hopper it won't feed consistently past 8bps. Sweet milling on the barrel though.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
i think that is their new barrel. I saw it on the newer pilot special edition or whatever. I doubt this thing will drop below $270-300. Hell it's got their best frame on it.

About the eyes, maybe they see it as to complex for the casual players? To hard to clean, and just more wires that can cause problems for a first time disasemble.

·
Registered
189 Posts
i agree with bobide..ALso that gun isnt that nice.it looks weird..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts