Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I remove the cosmetic sightrail on the rear of the gun...it's gotten caught on my shirt one too many times...now it will pay.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
361 Posts
uummm take out the screws? if there are any, or you could just try to ply it out but i wouldnt suggest that.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
AHA! Found that screw, I tried rippin' it off before but this should make the process a little easier ;)

EDIT/
This was harder than previously thought...for some reason the screw was "damaged" or rusted or something...anyway the screwdriver wouldn't grip...So, I took a drill, and drilled off the top of the screw, then taking a flathead screwdriver I pried the sightrail off of the gun and slid it forward, then taking a vicegrip, i grabbed the exposed screw body and pulled it off. After moving my quick strip pin thing in a little the sightrail slid off leaving a better looking, lighter, and smaller profiled gun. I'd post a pic if I had a digital camera, if you really want one I'll borrow my friends...thanks for the help
/EDIT

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The sight rail is about and inch above the gun, and then there's the tube that the bolt rests in. I just drilled off the head of the screw so I could pry the sight rail lose. There was no danger ever to the bolt. I think the metal surrounding it is pretty thick but the screw without the head sits a good 2 cm above the rear of the gun anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts