Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a spyder fenix that keep shooting curve balls instead of straight, it curve from the left to the right. Anyone know anything I can do to fix it please let me know.

My setup:

Spyder Fenix with new battery installed
Valken Vmax Hopper
Ninja Pro 68/4500 HPA
Empire 16" Barrel ( barrel is not the problem I tried with stock and 3 other upgraded barrels still same problem )
I did not change any setting from stock, at crono it shot 287fps

This problem is haunting me and I cant seem to get advices from anyone that know about the fenix.
The store owner that sold me the gun said fenix work better with co2 I dont know if that is true or not.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
What paint are you using and how old is it?

Paint will usually curve if it is old and has some dimples or if your barrel is slightly dirty. You can clean your barrel with water and any old barrel squeegee.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used some cheap paintball I do not recalled the name, it is new box that the store said they just got it shipped in. Also the barrel is squeeky clean. I may have to go buy higher grade paint to test the problem. I was only concern if it was my hpa that causing the problem =(

·
Rambo
39 Posts
probably your paint but i shoot crap paint out of mine with a stock barrel and it shoots straightish normally... until you break a ball, then it flys EVERYWHERE except at your target, seriously there's like a 10-15 foot circle of where the balls go when it's dirty lol. yea i would just test it with better paint, if that doesn't work you might as well try co2 because i can't see what else it would be. i shoot co2 out of mine normally and it works good.
good luck

·
Geaux Saints!!!
9 Posts
Seems like bad paint would curve randomly all over the place. If it's always curving left to right, it could be your barrel imparting spin on the balls. Check your barrel to be sure you don't have a burr or small dent on the tip. Look inside too and be sure there's nothing trapped in there that could impart spin on the paintballs. Obviously, make sure the barrel is clean...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts