Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I know I am new to this forum but this is the first time I have had any problems really with my gun.

I have the stock trigger (electronic) on my gun and this weekend for some weird reason it just gave out on me. Is there a part in the trigger that will wear or just break. Say the solenoid or something? If so how hard is it to fix. I was going to bring it to the paintball store I bought it from (just about 2 years ago) but figured if I could do it myself why not.

I was also maybe looking at upgrading the trigger, figured this might be the right time to do it. What is a good trigger? I'm not a crazy paintballer, I do mostly woods-ball but might be going into some tournaments this summer. Is 100-200 dollars to low to ask.

Just would like some advice on some of this stuff, haven't looked around on the net yet thought you guys might be the right ones to ask for help!

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I will add onto this with another question, which may solve my problem.

I switched over to household 9v batteries (Duracell). Are these slightly less powerful then the 9.6v rechargable battery that came with the gun?

Hope to get an answer on this part quickly. This is hard to understand because the gun worked for 10+ games and just gave out suddenly.

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
a 9v battery will not work nearly as long, and in some cases at all with a board that requires a 9.6v power source.

if the 9.6 wont' work, i'm willign to bet your capasitor went out, not your solenoid(as the solenoid is mearly an electromagnet)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
will the capacitor just become very weak? Like the solenoid still fires but is to weak to fire the gun. Where can I get a new capacitor.

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
They're not easy to find and yet the can go bad. I've yet to find one worth buying over the shipping costs for my board that went bad around 4 years ago.

but try a 9.6 v battery first.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have my original 9.6v battery on right now with the wall charger hooked in and it is giving me nothing. Where could I find a new board for a spyder fenix? Or is it time to upgrade :-(

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found my problem. One of the wires was broken from the capacitor, just barely and they were hard cables that didn't move away from the connection. Only made bad contact. Thanks for your help, will soder this connection back on and will be back in business!

Thanks again.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey I got another question,

Not sure if you dealt with this or not but where could I get a capacitor from? Have you bought them or does someone stock these exact ones for paintball guns somewhere?

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
I searched high and low for them and found a few on ebay 2 years ago an some other ones on some random electronics site.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You just bought a whole new board for the gun? I e-mailed Spyder to see how much a replacement would cost but would still like to see a price difference.

Thanks for your time.

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
naw i just never used it. I've still got the spyder sitting around but i sold the frame and now onyl have the body. the thing was bought as an idea marker to start with, I was gonan put a dragun frame on it then spydrer started making nicer markers and it all went downhill. Maybe it'll be a rainy day project in the not so near future:)

·
Registered
111 Posts
ok try radioshack for a capacitor, if you can find the right one, send the board and capacitor to me with money to ship back and I'll install it for you. Im pretty good at soldering, as I work with RC cars and solder all the time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I contacted the producer of the capacitor (Jackcon) and they sent me samples (for free). I am good at soldering to, I already removed the broken capacitor from the board and should have the new one in right when I get it in the mail. Thanks anyways!

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
are you kidding me? where can i get this email? do I see they sent you multiples? any chance that i can get one from you?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BTW, replacement board for my gun is 129.99, which is completely retarded seeing as you can buy a rocking trigger frame from them for the gun for 149.99 or something like that. I had a good laugh!

·
Registered
111 Posts
rocking triggers are gimmicks. I was going to a VS3 until someone really told me about them. I ended up getting a VS1 friday.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Are they? They seem like nice triggers. But I wouldn't ever buy one because I'm not looking to empty my hopper in 30 seconds. :p

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I shall post it! :)

On 7-Apr-08, at 10:31 PM, John-Jackcon wrote:
Hello!

please provide your full address by return, we will able to send you the samples of 6800uf/16V for replacement.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
JACKCON CAPACITOR ELECTRONICS CO., LTD
HONJU TAIWAN CO., LTD.
TEL:+886-2-2278-2210
FAX:+886-2-2278-2640
+886-2-2278-2656
E-MAIL: [email protected]
MSN:[email protected]
Yahoo message:[email protected]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2008 12:18 PM
Subject: 6800uF16v

Hello,

I was wondering if you do individual sales or if you could give me a
quote on a (1) Jackcon 6800uF16v capacitor.

Was used in a paintball gun and the wire connected to the capacitor
broke. Looking for a replacement.

Hope you guys can help me.

Thank you,
Jens K.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts