Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a good barrel upgrade for the Sypder imagine 04? I was thinkin a Dye Excel or a Teardrop (i think thats what its called) any suggestions? thnx!

·
Retired
4,332 Posts
not bad choices....i always say, cp onepiece, progressive, j+j ceramic, lapco bigshot....nothing over 14"

also, no matter what barrel you choose, the most important thing is to get a good pain to barrel match. so, try different paint.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
12'' or 14'' which one will give a better distance and accuracy?

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
no real difference, just really depends if you want a longer or shorter barrel. Some will say that a 14 is too long and gets in the way, when really it could be better for such as a back player when he wraps his bunker. Same with a 12, ideal for a front b/c its smaller for less of a profile. Its all personal preference really..

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a 14" Teardop, and so does a buddy of mine, and i love it!!!..i think that its a really good barrel for the price, around 45$$ or so, well thats what i paid..

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
doesn't the 14'' repuire more CO2? thats what im afraid of cuz my friend has like a 16'' barrel and it goes like 10ft. Im just worried that Ill buy the 14'' and then it will require more CO2 to push the pb out. thats where Im stuck. A lot of pple in reviews that I have read use 14'' and not a lot of 12's

·
Registered
100 Posts
don't get the excel. i'd go for the CP 1 piece (or two piece is even better). that's what i was gonna get, but then i found a deal for a boomstick. it should be coming at the end of this week. but out of those two barrels you listed, hands down the teardrop.

·
Retired
4,332 Posts
#1Tango said:
doesn't the 14'' repuire more CO2? thats what im afraid of cuz my friend has like a 16'' barrel and it goes like 10ft. Im just worried that Ill buy the 14'' and then it will require more CO2 to push the pb out. thats where Im stuck. A lot of pple in reviews that I have read use 14'' and not a lot of 12's
no, it wont require more co2.

your friend with the 16" needs to clean, inspect carefully all his internals and o-rings, and OIL his gun.

he may also need to check his paint, it may be to big or small. easiest way to tell is take your barrel off, insert a paintball and try to blow it out. if it rolls out or is super super easy to expell, your paint is too small. if you cant blow it out, its too big. what you want is for it to come out with easy to moderate force.

most people use 12" or 14' barrels, anything longer can cause inconsistency problems (so, im told by hundreds....i dont own a 16" to test the theory).

·
Registered
882 Posts
12 or 14 inch barrel...those should work..
I have a stock 12 inch Viewloader Orion barrel, and its really accurate for a stock barrel.
I am gonna get a teardrop, cuz I want a 14 inch barrel. Its kinda personal preference, then again, some barrels are better than others. Get whats in your price range.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how much better does it improve on the gun?

·
Registered
229 Posts
I think a new barrel(for lower end guns) is the single most noitceable(poerformance wise) mod you can make to your marker.

I said lower end because most high end guns already come with some sort of aftermarket barrel(DM4/Ultralight, Shocker/Freak).

·
Registered
361 Posts
i have a teardrop and it rips arse hall its cheap and it is accurate for me. the great thing is i sometimes use walmart paint and it works fine shoots straight (great for screwing around in the backyard)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts