Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Spydddddder
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I just joined, I've got a spyder imagine. It's still completely stock, the stuff is in my sig. Anyways, ive decided to start with a electro hopper, im outshooting the one i have now. I decided on the Revo. What I am having trouble deciding on is a barrel. I play woodsball almost all the time, and i want a barrel that will have good range and accuracy. I'm not really concerned with length, I dont play speedball. Could someone offer some advice?

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
ill sell you a basically new progressive 16" silver with a paintballforum.com sticker on it for 20 shipped :tup i liked the barrel when i used it (all of twice)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a Smart Parts Progressive 14" on my Imagine right now. It shoots very accurately. I have also used the J&J Ceramic 16" and the results were nearly identical. Either the Smart Parts or the J&J are both good buys, and both are around 40 bucks.

·
Spydddddder
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Huh? i have another question. is it necessary to upgrade the reg or expansion chamber on a stock imagine? i'm staying with co2 for a while, at least until next season, but i want to be able to run nitro.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Cp one peice, best newbie barrel ever. Also, no you dont need a new reg or anything for hpa. (If you already have one that is) HPA actually comes out at a lower pressure than CO2.. so ur good, but make sure you get a HIGH PRESSURE OUTPUT n2 tank, else you=boned

·
Spydddddder
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the advice guys, i think ill go with the pimpinp8nt... guy's advice, because that has also been recommended to me before. i think i'll go with the 16, not much speedball for me. i have one more question, what parts would you find it necessary to upgrade of those on the "ultimate spyder" sticky?

·
Silly Boston Its no Bomb
2,195 Posts

·
Spydddddder
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
cool. i had most of that in mind. new board? also, how do you do the stickies? like take the others off? or does it go on over? and how does it adhere?. sorry for all the questions, but could you explain teh whole #/# thing and why certain tanks are better for certain players?

·
Registered
324 Posts
They all perform just about the same. I've owned CP, J&J, and Xcel and they all worked the same for me. They are all good. Personally I'd say get the one that looks coolest to you and is within your price range.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts