Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Im looking for a spyder imagine striker buffer, and new bolt. Also, I have a stock gun besides a barrel. Can anyone give tips on parts that will help the most with accuracy and speed?

Also for the various o rings what should I use to lubricate?

Thanks,

Andy

·
Administrator
14,016 Posts
Ans is the largest paintball retailer out there, many of us shop though them

Did your spyder but don't dump too much into upgrades, if you want more performance it's typically better to find a used mid range marker as long as you have a good mask, good hopper and hpa tank

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was just getting it out for a bachelor party where we are paintballin, but my striker buffer, rubber stopper is missing, and my stock venturi bolt has alot of wear/deep scratches on it. I also need to lube my o-rings up and wanted to know what lube to use for o-rings on the bolt and striker.

Then, I'm also looking for a good thread with pictures, or a youtube vid on how to mod my trigger switch to decrease the pull weight from 250 grams to x amount (x<250)

Also, any spring changes for increased fps, get that spring constant up? I want to nail some ****ers lol

So.. hit me up fools. lol

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
Use air tool or paintball oil. Put several drops of it into the part where your tank screws in. Fire away and it'll lubricate everything that's necessary.

Play safely. do not shoot over 300 feet per second. Masks are not rated for anything higher.

I'm not sure that you can lighten the trigger pull on a mechanical spyder without some major modification to the trigger system. This would involve adding some sort of mechanical advantage, i'ts not as easy as adding a different spring.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Use air tool or paintball oil. Put several drops of it into the part where your tank screws in. Fire away and it'll lubricate everything that's necessary.

Play safely. do not shoot over 300 feet per second. Masks are not rated for anything higher.

I'm not sure that you can lighten the trigger pull on a mechanical spyder without some major modification to the trigger system. This would involve adding some sort of mechanical advantage, i'ts not as easy as adding a different spring.
No, I have an electronic trigger with micro switch and solenoid.. Im talking about the force in weight(grams) that it takes to activate the microswitch/solenoid..

Also, lighter bolt and stronger/longer spring would translate to less force to overcome the inertia of the bolt..

Trust me.. I know my physics well. lol

Ill have it tuned or tested for speed. Thankyou!

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
here's how to modify the one you have right now.
Making your own lighter microswitch - Spyder Forums

I'm not entirely sure what switch they use. If you've got a radio shack or electronics store, bring in you switch and ask them for a 25g or 50g one that's just like it. I will say that you probably want a 50g switch over a 25g switch. 25 is probably too light.

edit:
this is probably what you want. I can't say for certain that it's the correct size or hold spacing, though.
http://www.alliedelec.com/omron-electronic-components-ss5gl13t/70175379/?mkwid=saQjtdOdL&pcrid=30980760979&gclid=Cj0KEQjwiI3HBRDv0q_qhqXZ-N4BEiQAOTiCHt5sfXpapCwDLZWoACzCSLGJfkQhIM0dEsE3b5GmkPoaAo7v8P8HAQ

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
here's how to modify the one you have right now.
Making your own lighter microswitch - Spyder Forums

I'm not entirely sure what switch they use. If you've got a radio shack or electronics store, bring in you switch and ask them for a 25g or 50g one that's just like it. I will say that you probably want a 50g switch over a 25g switch. 25 is probably too light.

edit:
this is probably what you want. I can't say for certain that it's the correct size or hold spacing, though.
Omron Electronic Components - SS5GL13T - TAB #110 Terminal 50G SIMULATED Roller LEVER Snap Action SubMiniature Switch - Allied Electronics
Thanks! I think a 50g switch would be best rather than bending stuff, and extending small springs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts