Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a used Spyder Imagine, and at this point its not working. This is my second one, my first one also had unforeseen issues. This gun only works when a 9v battery charger is plugged into it. When the 9.6v battery charger is plugged in or when nothing is, the gun doesn't have the power to fire. The trigger makes this slight tick noise that it's trying, but its not quite strong enough. My guess is the guns not taking the charge. I've tried switching out the 9.6v battery, I switched out the circuit board with my old guns, and I've tried the two different charger. Any suggestions would help, or any questions to help towards a solution would also help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are You Kidding Me?!

I'm having this exact same problem. EXACT SAME! Bought my imagine back in 2006 used it mildly until 2007 then sat in my attic until 2 weeks ago when my college buddies all of a sudden picked up paintballing again. I bought a replacement battery and it still doesn't want to properly fire yet. I'm about to just replace the Coil set and if that doesn't work replace the whole circuit board. There is no reason why this thing shouldn't be firing. My next step is to purchase some pneumatic lubricant and see what that does.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Guys, there's a pretty simple solution to it. It's VERY common for these markers to burn out the cheap capacitor that Kingman installed on the boards. The Jackson made one doesn't stand for a lot of abuse. When it goes bad, there's not enough amperage available at the point of triggering from the battery alone to release the sear.

Go onto ebay and search for a 6800uF, 16v capacitor by panasonic and pick one up. Solder it in place on the board and bam! Fixed!

You'll also want to make sure that you do have a good quality 9.6v NiMh battery. If you don't use one, you'll burn out the capacitor quickly because the amperage load is significantly shifted to the capacitor itself and not evenly shared between it and the battery.

·
Coltsdriver
2 Posts
Yeah, I tried 4 brand-new batteries (even different brands) with no results. But good advice Trbo! After looking closely at the board I could see that the capacitor runs in line with the battery to the coil, so it made perfect sense.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts