Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my autococker and I want to do something custom with my Spyder Rodeo. So is it possible to turn it into a pump? I do not mind drilling into the body and ****, I just wanted to know if there was anything that makes turning a spyder into a pump impossible.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool thanks. I will go look that up.

·
startx: command not found
3,991 Posts
Alpha said:
I suppose it could be just as easy as removing the hammer spring and rigging a pump arm up to the hammer bolt assembly.
Well... the problem with that would be that there would be no force hitting the valve. You'd have to pump forward really fast, and it would require no trigger to fire if you had it that way. Also, the hammer wouldn't go past the sear without the force of the hammer spring.

What you would need to do is find a way to stop air from coming back to push against the hammer and recocking it, making it so you would have to cock it each time. Modify or make your own valve

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Puck3d Up said:
What you would need to do is find a way to stop air from coming back to push against the hammer and recocking it, making it so you would have to cock it each time. Modify or make your own valve
That is exactley what i was thinking. I saw the mod at nation... all that he did was put a spring in with enough tension to stop the bolt from recocking and then connected the bolt to a pump arm to manually recock it... It just did not seem legit, It seemed like a ****ed up semi auto. I want to turn my spyder into a legit pump. I dont want to stop the bolt from recoking, i want to make it so it does not recock. Well I guess i will just do some research.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Doesn't the the tigershark bolt have a notch for a cocking arm? So u could like rig the pump to move the bolt forward, which would carry the hammer right? But then it would be kinda reversed, and u wouldn't need a trigger....So guess my idea sucks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts