Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I play with the Spyder MR2 Series that looks like this:

AS you may or may not know, because of its thread design its difficult to put different barrels on this gun and Im wondering which barrels actually work with this gun and which one i should get. I do prefer 16" barrels so those are preferred.

·
likes squirrels
109 Posts
I would think that a spyder threaded Cp barrel would work they are pretty skinny. The best thing to do is to check out your local pro-shop(if you have one) and see what barrels fit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ok the threads arn't a problem, it is a shroud that covers the first maybe...2 inches of the barrel. It is so tight, that many after stock barrels don't fit. The only barrels i have gotten to fit are the stock barrel and a stock barrel for a Spyder Imagine. Other people have told me to get a CMI Thunderpig, but I tried it and it dosent fit. People have been telling me to get a J&J Ceramic barrel and try it but i haven't yet. If you could buy stock barrels from other spyder guns...i think they would fit

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
If it comes down to it, I can give you the name of a gntleman on AO that will be happy to bore stock barrels out to use freak inserts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
mr2 barrels

I posted relatively the same question above and wanted to reply to yours as well, i used the Lapco "big shot" 14" barrel one of the few that fits this gun and was pretty disappointed with it, i know as well that the J&J ceramic barrels fit the MR2 and that will be my last resort barrel choice, Now I'm going to try the apex barrel on my MR2, i'll let you know what i think when it arrives.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I purchased the APEX for my MR2 a couple of weeks ago off ebay, i LOVE it, i love the distance, and the accuracy is pretty good. I don't care what all those speedballers say, APEX is the **** if you play woodsball, which is what the MR2 is meant for, so get it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
so i borrowed an apex off a buddy of mine that came stock with his bt when he bought it but it doesn't fit my mr2 which one did you order and what length? all i want is a longer more accurate barrel for my mr2 that i dont have to do any mods to.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
You have the wrong threading the barrel that came stock with the BT is "A5" threaded you need a "Spyder" threaded barrel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts