Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Finally got around to getting my old spyder back out, and in working shape, which turns out it was just some o-rings that went bad. After all was said and done, the gun is airtight and works flawlessly, but the adapter on the other hand, is leaking and I am not sure why.

These are all of the pieces that were able to come out, I am not worried too much about the set screw and the pointed screw as they only fit in one spot. The rest of the pieces though, anything could be possible. The leaking air was coming from the vent hole opposite the tank side, so when the tank was opened and attached it did not leak from that end. I would like to fix it if possible, but have also found Spyder Paintball Gun Adjustable HPA Regulator + Hose Bottomline Drop Forward Set 808424936277 | eBay that seems like it might be a fix for the leaking issue.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
14,096 Posts
These are actually a regulator but they only regulate to around 750 PSI so you don't actually need them on the marker if you don't want it

Is there a pressure gauge anywhere on the marker that would tell you what pressure it's outputting?.

Did you already replace all the o-rings on it? The most common one that would cause the issues you're talking about is a small o-ring on the end of the piston

Have you greased it at all or oiled?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

There is a gauge aside from what the new addition would bring, and I did replace o-rings that we found with new ones to be on the safe side in the C/A. As you mentioned, the small o-ring on the end, it actually looks like the one that I put on has a cut or break in it... Maybe that is all it was this whole time lol. Hmm any idea what size or where to get one of those though?

·
Administrator
14,096 Posts
They should be standard sizes for paintball. Probably around a 012

Theoringstore.com is where I get all my rings

Go into buns, ASTM 568, 000 series and find the sizes you want.

If you want to put together a kit I would simply order everything from a 006 through 018 with a good amount of 015 (tank o rings) and that should set you up pretty good for a long time. You will need a container that will keep them all separate

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts